"So do you really think I'll bring you out on a date?" Sarcasm laced his every single word and now I wasn't sure anymore whether I was even able to sit on the edge or not. His close proximity unnerved me.

I just realized how small these benches are!

"I wasn't going to date you anyway." I looked away, focusing on the kids running around in circles while laughing hard.

How carefree their laughs are!

I could sense true joy emanating their essence in powerful waves.

My heart constricted.

"As if I would!" He remarked with mocking disinterest and turned his attention on the surrounding as well.

Something clutched my heart in a tight grip.

I started counting my breaths to divert my attention.

I could see some of the people looking at us apprehensively. Girls staring at God-like creature sitting beside me and then those stares would get directed on me and their eyebrows would furrow.

Probably wondering what a goon like me was doing with this Greek god?

I sighed and decided not to observe anymore faces. I started picking lints from my grey sweatpants that was the only piece I had for the last few months I was here.

I wore it daily like a meditation.

And it was close to give up on my further demands.

Why am I still wearing this?

Now in the open, I could see it was getting worn out. But thankfully, the grayish mist these clouds above created was somehow having a soothing impact on it. As if mingling with the color of my clothing and claiming it without letting me feel awkward.

I didn't know how long I've been ranting inside my mind but every thought blew away when a football hit my ankle, rubbing against my skin painfully, "Ah!" I cried out bending down to have a look.

I felt him lowering over to my side as well. I rolled my eyes and found a football that had landed in my feet from afar but thankfully my skin wasn't bruised or something.

I kicked the football away but then a kid came running towards us observing my actions.

A scowl appeared on his face when he saw me kicking his football away in a rude attempt.

Ah oh!

He stopped in front of us and picked it up and held it under his arm while his other arm settled on his hip.

"You shouldn't have kicked her like that!" The kid accused through his emerald green eyes and a pout formed on his full pink lips.

Her?   

I eyed the football making sure it wasn't some pet I accidentally hit but nope it was definitely a football.

Kids these days!

Wow I officially sound like a grandma now!

"What a baddie!" King coaxed him against me giving that kid his fake sympathetic look which the kid welcomed while nodding vigorously in agreement.

I stared at the king with my mouth hanging open. I was already bad at handling kids but he wasn't helping at all.

"You should say sorry you know!" Kid advised me in what he must have felt was a best motherly look.