Monster (Fourtris)

Okay, so this is another vampire love story. More like a drabble.

"You're so pale," The blonde says.

Those were the first words that she ever said to him. He clutches his head in agony as the memory overtakes him again.

"You don't say," Tobias drawls.

She pales."I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." He words come out stammered.

"It's okay, they tell me that all the time."

"Ah. So I just, um, I'm just gonna go." She hurried towards her class as the bell rang, signaling two minutes before the class started.

I like her, he thinks, and walks to the storage room to make out with a brunette. It's high school, this stuff happens.

When the flashback is over, Tobias takes a bottle of whiskey and downs it entirely. If his mind wanted to play games, he didn't want to be sober to deal with them.

The alcohol burned it's way down his throat, and he prepares to succumb to the bits and pieces he still has of her.

"So, you're a vampire?" She asks.

"You weren't supposed to see this."

"What, your fangs? Or the murder that you would have committed?" She clutches her purse tightly, but doesn't move an inch.

"This. Me. I told you that you wouldn't want to be around me. I'm a monster." He smiles sadly.

She quiets, and, after what seemed like an eternity, she puts her hand on his. "So this is why all girls are attracted to you? You put some kind of spell on them?"

Tobias was taken aback by the question. Out of all the reactions to have, the questions to ask, she chooses a playful tone and a sarcastic way to go about it.

I like her a lot, he realizes, and walks her home late at night.

"Four, are you alright?" Christina walks into the kitchen to find him with the bottle in his hand.

She didn't even have to ask. She already knew. "Her, isn't it?"

He nodded.

Prom night. That was the night she confessed her feelings for him, under a sky splashing with diamonds.

It was also the night he almost ripped her throat out.

"Get away from me, Tris. Just GO AWAY." He backs up, and all it does is urge her forward.

"Tobias," only she could address him by his real name. "It's okay, I understand. Don't be afraid."

"I keep telling you time and time again that you wouldn't want to be my friend. I'll only hurt you."

"But you haven't. And you're right. I don't want to be your friend."