8.0

Dani

Great. It echoes in my head, causing me to not sleep. I can't like him. I won't like him. I know that if I did, I'd get hurt. But be his friend, maybe.

"Partners." My teacher coos. "I'll assign them. The two of you must figure the other person out."

"What do you mean?" Ally asks

"There's more to a person than meets the eye, Ally. Find more and present it to the class." He says firmly.

He sits on his desk and stares at all of us. "Ah, right. Partners."

"Ally and Luke, Josh and Lexa, Carla and Joe, Michael and Karly, Alissa and Dani, and Ashton and Calum." He says

Alissa sits down across from me. "So, I can work on this any day, but Wednesdays."

"Oh oka-"

"Ladies." Calum interrupts and sits down. Alissa plays with her hair and stares at him. "Oh, hi, Cal."

Calum gives her his award winning smile and says, "So, Lissa, I think that you should switch partners with me. Ashton can't stop talking about you." He points at Ashton who's looking over at us.

"Oh, really?" She blushes looking at him with a grin.

"Yup, so deal?" He holds on his hand.

She nods eagerly. "Mhmm...Bye guys." She hops of her chair and practically sprints over to him.

"Doesn't Ashton have a girlfriend..."I look at Calum.

"Um...maybe?" Calum laughs and opens his notebook.

"He wasn't thinking about Alissa, was he?" I tap my pencil on my notebook and look up at him. He shakes his head and mouths 'no.'

"So why exactly does Calum Hood want to be my partner?" I inch closer to him. I'm actually surprised I had the balls to do it, knowing his girlfriend was across the room.

He sets his pencil down and inches closer to me too. "I want to figure you out, now I have a reason."

I back away and cross my arms. "Not gonna run to Karly?"

"Nah, I've already figured her out." He chuckles and starts doodling on his paper. He draws a girl. Not Karly though. She's very pretty. It's weird, he was so focused and gentle with each line.

"I didn't know you draw." I examine his drawing. He closes his book and says, "No, I just-I'm just messing around."

"That's not messing around. You're really talented, Calum." I admire his talent. I've always had an interest with this kind of stuff. Anything that was considered different, I loved.

"Thanks, D."

"D?" I question, not really knowing if I enjoyed him calling me, D or if it was just weird.

"Yeah," he fiddles with his hair, "thought it was time to give you a nickname."

"And Dani was too long?" I laugh at his attempt.

"Well, I want something that only I can call you." He shrugs, "you know kinda between us."

He sent me chills and all I could do was nod in response. I was too awkward to say anything and I knew the safest thing to do was nod.

"So, when do we start?" He asks

"Whenever you're not busy. My schedule's pretty flexible." I chuckle and play with the sleeves of my shirt.

"Oh," his face drops, "I'm like completely book. I don't think I'll have time at all for you, D."

"Oh." I say looking away.

"Kidding, Dani." He laughs, "God, you're so gullible."

"You're such a dick." I playfully push his arm.

After a couple minutes, Karly shows up. She stands beside him and places her arm around his shoulder. "Hey, babe."

Calum wraps his arms around her waist. "Uh, sup babe."

"Hi, I'm Karly." She looks at me. "You're Dani, right?"

I nod. "Mhmm, that's me."

"So, I thought you were working with Ashton." She looks at Calum, who is currently looking at me.

"I was, but ugh we just ended up switching. He really wanted to be with Lissa, so..." Calum scratches his neck.

"Oh, I just thought we'd be partners," she coos, "it's fine I'm with Michael."

"Michaels cool, Karls." Calum says.

"Yeah, I know." She replies quickly.

The bell rings and everyone leaves. Karly and Calum walk hand in hand out the door, making me feel extremely awkward. "It was nice meeting you, Dani." She smiles before walking the other way.

"Nice."

Whoaaa this is like my third chapter today? Cool lol

Vote vote