6.0

Calum

"Um..." I scratch my neck, "yeah." Giving me a very small smile, she walks down her stairs. I knock on Luke door, seconds later he stands there with a grin on his face.

"Hey, man." Luke moves out of the way so I can enter.

"Why is it that we always hangout, but I've never come here?" I laugh, moving some sheet music out of the way so I can sit.

"I don't know, man." He sets his guitar down and leans back in his seat. "Guess it never came up."

"Hey, so what's up with you sister?" I gulp mentioning her. "I mean, she doesn't hate me or something, right?"

"No, she thinks your cool. Why?" His eyebrows furrow

"Oh, I don't know. I feel like I make her feel awkward." I shrug, laughing it off.

"Nah," Luke sits up and places his hands together, "she's just quiet. Well around people he doesn't really know. She's like that 'good girl' type."

"What do you mean?"

"You know? Always has a book in hand, does her homework rather than go to a party." He answers

I nod. "Oh, she's like that...I think that's cool."

Luke fixes his hair. "Yeah," he laughs, "I call her a nerd..."

For awhile we mess around and talk about stuff. Girls, school, Etc. It's the typical 'guy' conversation.

What's different about Luke though is that I can talk to him about anything. I've known him for awhile and we were cool, but he never really made it to that best friend status. Not because of any particular reason, we just haven't gotten to that point yet.

"Hey, I'm gonna go check on the moms." Luke gets up. I follow him.

Once we get to the kitchen, I see my mom and Luke's mom laughing. They're out of breathe and Dani watches, amused. Dani was very pretty, very natural. Something that most girls at our school weren't.

"Dani, what's going on?" Luke crosses his arms watching the two basically cry from laughing so hard.

Dani shakes her head laughing. "Something about Jim Washaw."

"Who?" Luke asks. Dani shakes her head not knowing the answer. For once, I actually saw her smile. It was one of those real ones. It was different from the ones she gave me, and that only made me wonder why.

"Oh, my," my mom gasps for air, "Liz, we have an audience."

Liz looks up and her face heats up. "Hi, guys, um.." A small giggle escapes, "alright. Dinner is ready."

My mom playfully hits her arm and begins carrying the dishes to the table. Dani decides to carry a rather large bowl of potatoes. I grab it from her, seeing her struggle. "Here."

She looks up at me and I just stare at her eyes. "Brown." I whisper

She blinks. "What?"

"Oh, nothing..." I place the bowl on the table. She crosses her arms. "You know, it wasn't that heavy." She giggles.

"Well, knowing you, you'd probably drop it." I play around.

"You don't know me." She laughs walking away from me and to the counter to grab more dishes.

hey guyssss what's up? I think Calum needs to stop being an awko taco and like talk to her more.

Vote vote vote