☫ Chapter 33 ☫

☫ Chapter 33 ☫

Dark Wonder had a hand on his hip.

     I watched as he repeatedly tapped his index finger on his chin, seemingly in deep thought. Which in itself is ridiculous. Not the notion of him being in deep thought, but it's the fact that the situation did not call for it. 

     "Why don't you get all the flavors?" I suggested and spared a glance at my watch. Oh right. It's still broken. I should get a new watch. I looked around for a clock and caught the time before returning to Dark Wonder. "We really should be going."

     "There's a science," C.U spoke through the intercom. "If he gets all the flavors and ends up fighting someone then they'll get mixed up and what's even the point if that happens. You understand, right?"

     I pursed my lips. "I can understand," I agreed and crossed my arms over my chest. "But we've been here too long."

     Here was 7-Eleven. Dark Wonder insisted on taking the stop before we sneak into the super drug base. We've been here for twenty minutes now and he was still deciding on his Slurpee. The size, flavor, and as far as the type of straw. Which is apparently the most significant decision of all. Of course, that's a paraphrased version of his words. He had fan-freaking-tastic sprinkled in there somewhere.

      It must be nice to be passionate about something like that. I thought with a closed-lip smile and shook my head. Everything is more exciting with that mindset.

     He reminded me of those cheerleaders that come late to class with a Starbucks in there freshly manicured hands. No one had the gall to do that themselves other than them. It was almost respected. Kelly comes in with a Starbucks too but she's not late to class. Anyway, Dark Wonder is just like that. We were about to set off on a dramatic quest and yet here we are at 7-Eleven, chilling. The pun wasn't deliberate but now that I've realized it, I've decided to italicize it. So yes, we had an elaborate calculated plan yet here we are without a care in the world and only a care on the Slurpee. 

     "Come on, Tinkerbell." Dark Wonder waved his hand to the Slurpee machine, gesturing for me to join him. "You want one too, don't you?"

     Every word sounded like he was taunting me. Maybe it was the Tinkerbell although I don't mind it anymore. It's like a nickname and you only get nicknames once you get comfortable with each other. So that means we have this comfortably established something going on. It's basic arithmetic, right? I could deal with being called Tinkerbell. I just hope he doesn't have any more glitter because that takes way too long to get out in the shower.

     It's probably his tone that makes me uncomfortable. 

     Does he always have to sound so condescending?. 

     "No, thank you," I declined and took a cautious step back. "It's too cold for a Slurpee."

     "Maybe you're just too cold for a Slurpee," he replied sharply with a menacing glare and turned his back to me.

      Okay? I feel like that was a bit unnecessary. "I'll wait in the line, then."

     "Oh, we don't pay," Dark Wonder said nonchalantly and finally made his decision. 

     I closed my eyes and took in a breath when I saw his choice. Coca-Cola. Only Coca-Cola. Did that decision actually warrant a whole twenty-plus minutes? 

     As he snapped a lid on, he continued to explain, "They like me here."

     "Shocking," I deadpanned and frowned at his words. "But I think we should pay."