☫ Chapter 9 ☫

☫ Chapter 9 ☫

Gosh, I didn't mean to cause an earthquake.

     I ran my fingers through my blonde hair with a rough sigh. To be perfectly reasonable through this chaotic moment, I wasn't even aware that I could cause an earthquake. I'd love to come up with some sort of proper scientific answer on why this was even occurring but I think it was just me and my emotions acting up.

     I'm so disoriented right now that I'm not even telling you how it happened. I'm sorry. I'll start from the beginning of the school day.

     Lucas had a tight grip on my collar as he pulled me up against the wall. "So Jeremiah," he said while I struggled to somehow free myself from him. It was a pathetic attempt. His grasp was strong, remarkably strong and kind of overbearing. "Want to tell me why you're acting so suspicious?"

     I don't think there's a valid reasoning behind getting cornered in the boy's locker room. There I was minding my own business, fixing my gym clothes after someone -my guess is Jaxon- got them ruined. To think I helped that guy out yesterday. Though I shouldn't jump to conclusions, it could have been anyone in this school if I'm being perfectly honest. Then suddenly, I was slammed against the wall and greeted with a hostile Lucas.

     As opposed to the friendly one I've never had the privilege to experience. I scoffed inwardly.

     "What are you talking about?" I wheezed out and gulped audibly. I started thinking of what he could possibly be talking about. Did he realize what happened yesterday? The whole flying thing and all. That's the only suspicious act I could possibly think of with him breathing down on my neck intimidatingly.

     "I know your secret!" He shouted with a menacing tone.

     Wait...what is he even talking about?

     Not only am I incredibly confused but I can't think straight with the dark glare he's giving me. Is he for real? Does he know I'm Blue Gravity? It could be that he's just creating to conclusions and think's I'm Blue Gravity. You know, Lucas Trevor is a pretty unpredictable guy. If anything this so-called 'secret' that he claims to 'know' can be something utterly ridiculous and he has no idea that I'm Blue Gravity.

     There goes my wishful thinking.

     "How do you know?" My eyes widened as I questioned him. I figured asking him that would lead me towards the answer of what this supposed secret was. This feels a bit too theatrical for me. Something that I'd have to deal with in the Drama club, not some stuffy locker room. Once he didn't answer me I realized that I'd have to try a different method of tactic.

     I'd give away one secret to avoid another from being found out. That's a sacrifice I'm willing to take and really one that I'm going to have to take. "Just don't tell anyone. Please!"

     "And why shouldn't I?"He taunted.

     "If everyone knows I like Kelly they'll make fun of me," I looked down with a frown. I don't like Kelly but it's better to let him believe that rather than him thinking anything else. I'll pretend this is my biggest secret and that way any thoughts of me being Blue Gravity will fly out the window. Huh. Little joke there. "Not that they don't already but still. She's the most popular girl in school and I'm just that kid no one talks to. Please don't say anything. I can tell you don't like me. I don't know what I did bu-"

     "Wait a freaking second," he barked and I flinched when our eyes met. "You don't like Jenna? Aren't you guys dating?"

     Is that what he thinks my secret it? That I'm dating this Jenna girl? What a relief. I had absolutely no idea who she was. "Who's Jenna?"