Ch VIII - Everything is for Something

Loki woke the next mourning to find Percy curled up next to him. The boy's arm was thrown across his chest and their legs were tangled together. The god startled at the sight and clambered away from Percy's touch, waking him up in the process. 

The demigod groaned and glowered at Loki. "I was comfortable." He sat up, cross legged, and observed the other. "What's wrong?"

"Y-you and I were... We were-" Loki stammered, unsure of what was actually happening.

Percy laughed, more like giggled, at the gods predicament. 

"What's so funny?" Loki growled. He never has liked being laughed at. It brings back bad memories.

Percy stopped in his tracks. "I'm sorry," he said. "I didn't mean to upset you."

Loki was thrown off guard again. "What?"

"You spent time in my mind," the demigod explained. "It's sorta hard to not figure out stuff about you. You may not show hurt on your face, but I can see it in your eyes."

The Silver Tongue was at a loss for words.

Thankfully, Tony interrupted before the situation could get even more awkward. "Hope you two had a good rest," he said as he sauntered his way in. 

Loki's face started burning with an unknown emotion. Percy looked at him curiously.

"Whatever," the god said. "I require sustenance." Loki slipped out of the room and headed toward the kitchen. 

"You know," Tony said, looking to the only other person in the room. "Thor says that a lot too. Is it like, an Asgardian thing?"

Percy shrugged. He looked out the window of his infirmary room at the skyline of New York. The colossal buildings scraped the sky, like they were named for. But one tower stood out to him, the Empire State Building. 

Mount Olympus sits above the Empire State, on floor 600.

Where did that come from?

It suddenly came flooding back to him. Everything. Camp, the gods, his friends, the Titan and Giant Wars, Tartarus - wish those memories had stayed buried - and Annabeth.

How could he have ever forgotten her face. Her inquisitive grey eyes, her beautiful princess curls. The way her nose would crinkle when she was thinking. She was probably out looking for him right now. 

He had to get to camp. 

Percy stood suddenly and walked out of the room, surprising Tony. "Hey, where are you going?" the billionaire asked, following the agent. 

Percy didn't respond and continued walking. 

Tony followed him to the elevator just down the hall and had enough. "Percy," Tony said, grabbing the boy's arm. "What are you-"

He was cut off by Percy. "Let me do this."

"Do what exactly?"

Percy gave him the 'you'll-see' look and continued into the elevator. Tony was confused but did want to see. 

The billionaire followed Percy to his floor, where the demigod changed out of the hospital gown, then down to the garage. 

"Percy, where are you going?" Tony asked, utterly flabbergasted by now. 

"Somewhere!" the boy yelled back, then quieter, "Somewhere from my past."

Tony sighed. "Let me drive you, at least."

----------

The silver Audi R8 sped past the trees of Long Island. Tony glanced over at Percy, who was staring out the window. Probably looking for something familiar.