Five: Load, Aim, Fire

Jacob went down the hall toward Katy Schlau's office, filled with rage.

He heard a crunch under his boot and looked down. Their was a strange notebook with Schlau's signature upon it. There were papers falling out of it, and it looked like it had been dropped by someone in a hurry.

She might be on to me. Better read it. Then straight to her office.

He picked up the journal and read through it quickly. There were entries about a place called "Earth" and how Eidel was "beyond space" and "considered impossible by other scientists." But one entry caught his eye.

"'Total Control Program'..." He went through this chapter carefully. The contents were about a machine that would let her control the minds of anyone. It was a work-in-progress, but it already controlled most. The strong-of-mind, or "Anomalies", as she called them, would be the challenge. There was a bunch that he didn't understand, but he did understand one thing: that demon had to be killed. Before she could do the same thing again.

He threw the notebook down and stormed through the hallway. Kill her. He would finally be free if he killed her. She was the only thing standing in the way of happiness. He swung open the door to the hall that lead to the office, doors slamming behind him.

"What the fu-" a guard began, pulling out his lance. Jacob simply laughed maniacally and snapped the guard's neck, his blood splattered across Jacob's face. He wiped off the hot, sticky liquid and opened the door between him and her. Kill. Kill. Kill.

"Schlau!" he yelled. He Created Putay Na Bayani, the bow and arrow's slippery metal cold against his palms. "This is for my parents, you bitch!"

Schlau stared for a moment, then laughed. "You simple-minded boy. Do you really think your little toy can stop me?"

"No. I don't think the bow is what's gonna stop you. It's the fact that the dead are backing me up on this one, and I'm not holding the fuck back! You hear me? I'm not holding back for all that humanity shit!" he said bitterly. 

"Well, try then! Take your best fucking shot, you damned brat! I'm the first Creator. Whatever you do is meaningless compared to me!"

He took a sharp breath. He drew the arrow and loaded it into the bow. Kill her. No matter what. Don't lose focus. Kill. Kill. 

He looked at Schlau once more. She was standing her ground, looking perfectly arrogant. His hand went to the top of the arrow, and he drew the string back. He aimed at Schlau's chest. He took another short breath, focusing on the bow itself. The arrow's destination (Schlau's heart). His Marking began to glow bright.

"What the hell?" she muttered, starting to panic at the sight of the glowing Marking. She began to run out of the way, but it was too late. Jacob released the draw-string, shot stronger than one from Hercules, and his Marking guided the arrow straight to it's target. Blood puddled across the floor as Schlau said her final words: "I should've known it would be you..." And with that remark, her body went limp. Jacob was drenched in blood, his clothes dripping in the crimson fluid. He took the arrow out of her chest and slapped the corpse in the face.

"See you in hell, you damn bitch," he yelled. He began to make leave from the room when a swarm of guards entered. The captain saw the sight and was furious.

"Bring me that damned murder's head!" he yelled, pointing at Jacob.

"Shit!" he muttered. He took Putay Na Bayani and show the arrow. It went through a few dozen soldiers, who fell dead to the ground. He resorted to any means to not be caught. He broke necks, he bit them, he even used his arrow like a dagger, but the guards kept spilling in endlessly. He felt pain shoot up in his shoulders. He screamed, finding himself unable to bring words to his lips, and rubbed his hand against his anguished shoulder blades. He looked down at his hand: blood. 

"Release the traq darts! Now!"

"Firing the tranquilizer darts now, sir!" a younger guard yelled. 

"I can take it from here, boys," a female voice said. Jacob looked up.

"Alicia? What the fu-"

"Save your breath, Jacob. I'm done with listening to your little words." She Created a hammer and knocked him out. The world went black.

Jacob woke up in the dark. He saw lines of grey around him and felt something around his wrists, but he was still not fully in focus. When he gained back his perception, he could discern one shadowy shape from the next and figure out what was happening. He was in a prison cell. Everything around him was made of a foreign metal, stronger than steel, he could tell, which he could not place. "Shit!"

He slammed himself against the wall, tears stinging his eyes. "Shit, shit, shit!" Tears rolled down his cheeks and he slid down onto the floor. 

"What would Mom and Dad say?" He looked up, as if searching for light. For guidance. "Mama... Papa..." But one little thought stuck in his head.

Now you've killed her. Kill the rest of them. Kill. Kill. Kill!

"Why? Why do these voices still remain in my head? I thought they would finally disappear after I avenged you!" He screamed in anguish as his thoughts continued to pound at his head.

Kill. Kill the rest of them. Kill all who couldn't love you. Kill them all! Kill...

He wailed, throwing himself against the wall once more. "Can't you see that I can't do anything? Please, Mother. Father. Please, let me roam free!"

Kill all the ones who will never love you! Kill everyone that doesn't accept you! Kill them all! Kill...

He slammed himself against the metal bed, blood beginning to drip from his forehead. The splatters rolled out upon the cool surface, as if trying to escape themselves. "Why won't you let me live? Why do you keep tormenting me? Why? Why?"

Kill. Kill. Kill.

"Will you never answer me?" he yelled.

Kill...

He felt more tears roll down his cheeks. "Why am I so alone?"

But all he could hear was the little voice in his head: kill. Kill. Kill.