Four: Loud Thoughts

Jacob sat in his room, head in his hand.

He couldn't do this anymore. His thoughts, still loud in his mind, said the same thing. 

Kill. Kill. Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill...

He opened a journal on the table. He wrote "Schlau" on each page and ripped it. But the thoughts didn't stop.

Kill. Kill. Kill.

He screamed. He couldn't feel anything but the one thing that always rang true: the desire for revenge. He pulled strands of hair out of his head just to feel the rush of pain. Anything else.

Kill. Kill. Kill.

"Stop it! Stop it!" He was at the top of his lungs. He couldn't take it. He slammed himself against the wall, as if thinking it would bring him back to normal.

Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill, kill, kill, kill...

He punched the bed, knuckles popping. He rubbed his knuckles, burning with anguish.

Kill. Kill.

"Kill?" he muttered. "Kill?"

Yes. Kill.

"Kill her... She took everything," he sobbed.

Yes she did, Jacob. Kill. Kill. Kill.

"Kill Schlau. Kill her. Kill. Kill," he said under his breath.

Kill. Kill. Kill.

"Will you still torment me after I kill her?" he asked himself.

There's only one way for you to know. Kill her. Kill.

"Kill that woman... That demon who stole the only ones who loved me!"

Yes. Yes, yes! Kill her!

He held his hands out and closed his eyes, letting his Creator power take over. "This is the weapon I choose." He opened his eyes. A bow and arrow, which were a powdery blue, glowed brightly in his palm. 

Kill. Kill. Kill!

"My bow. I will name her..." He paused for a moment. "Putay Na Bayani. That's a deserving name. Killer Hero."

Yes. Yes. Yes.

He sharpened the arrow on a piece of steel. "She is only mine, for I have named her. She is the one that will kill that demon, Schlau."

Now, go kill her.

"Yes. Yes. I will. I will kill the demon!" He let Putay Na Bayani disappear for the moment, and he opened the door to his room. He turned the corner and went toward Schlau's throne room.

It was the corner he could never cross back from. All because of his thoughts that haunted his heart. Thoughts of his mother. His father. 

Even Alicia. A vision of Alicia that loved him. One that he could forever trust. 

He was crossing the dark corner that led him to a darker still path. And it's only because of one thing. His loud thoughts.