Start New Game ++

Start from the beginning

Her shoulder slouched, and she pouted her lips. "Is it that bad?"

A heavy sigh escaped me. I didn't have any desire to bring this up now.

"Just hit me with it." She leaned, placing both her elbows on the table, readying herself.

"Umm... If you insist." I scratched the back of my head. "It was a 15K gaming computer that I used for my old job." I watched her face, worried about what her reaction would be.

Her eyes almost popped out of her head. "Did you just say 15K, a...as in fifteen thousand dollars... as in fifteen followed by three zeros?" Her right finger sketched the number out in the air, just in the off chance that I misspoke.

I bit my lip. "Yes...."

"Oh fuck me!" She shouted into her hands. "Could this day get any fucking worse!" Her head collapsed onto the table. I flinched at the loud vibrating sound of the metal colliding with her forehead. "Oooowww," her muffled cry of pain sounded comical.

Resisting the urge to comment on her potty mouth, I said, "Come on, my company is not that bad, is it?"

She lifted her face. A crimson circle now sat on her forehead. Concern melted in her chocolate eyes as she said, "Noah."

"Yes, Riley?"

Her hands came together and she picked at her nails, yet she held my gaze. "I'm so sorry, but I don't think I can give you that much money back."

"Riley" — I slid my hand over her straining ones and squeezed gently — "do not worry about it."

She bit her lip. Displeasure tinted her hazel eyes dark. "Are you sure? I would still like to pay you back somehow." She insisted.

"How about for now you get me one of those drinks you have." I winked. "It looks delectable."

She pouted her lips. It was cute. I could see it in her eyes how she wanted to press on.

With a sigh, Riley got up and walked away. My gaze followed her body closely as she made her way to the bartender. Her jacket was tied tightly around her waist, obstructing my view of her backside. It curved—

A shameless blush spread over my face. I was totally staring. Not the time or the person Noah, I scolded myself. I snapped my gaze away and resigned myself to gazing up at the night sky.

It wasn't long before the sound of heels tapping on the floor returned. Riley smiled and placed the drink in front of me. I grabbed the glass, eager to take a sip. She watched, awaiting my response.

"Ummmm." The flavors fired in my tongue as the alcohol burned down my throat. "Tequila.... and Pineapple?"

Riley brightened. "Impressive tongue you have there."

I choked on my drink and looked up. I wanted to whisper, 'I can show you just how much.'

Riley's ears burned red. She shifted in her seat and looked to the side, avoiding my teasing gaze. "It's my favorite," she mumbled.

"It's delicious." I licked my bottom lip, tasting remnants of the pineapple and tequila drink on my lips.

When I looked up, I caught Riley staring. Her chocolate eyes were glued on my lips. She bit into hers, making them redder. God, the sight of her, face flushed and pupils dilated, really stroked my ego. I chuckled when she looked away, the rose color spreading further below her chin.

"It's probably time I head home." She cleared her throat, unsure of where to rest her eyes. They danced. My face, my arms, my chest.

I leaned back and crossed my legs. "I thought we were drowning our sorrows. It's only nine pm."