Chapter Twelve

Revali's POV 

Teba had invited me to his home, his wife and Tulin welcoming me with open arms. His wife had hugged me tightly after Teba had briefly told her what had happened. 

I accepted the hug and was then seated by their fire pot. 

"Are you okay with Cream of Mushroom Soup?" She asked me. 

I nodded and smiled. "Thank you very much."

She smiled. "Of course."

Tulin asked me to play a little game with him while we were waiting on dinner, so I did. We played a little game of hide and seek in the house, and after a few rounds, Teba called us to eat.

We ate dinner by the fire, Teba and his wife talking about stuff while I sat in silence. 

I watched as Teba grabbed her hand and held it softly, looking at her lovingly as he said he was glad to be safe and home with her. 

I looked down sadly, thinking about Link and all the times we held hands...

He shook his head no and grabbed my wing off his shoulder, clasping his fingers in my fingers. He started to pull me out of the clothes store, dragging me to other stores. 

~

I then set my hands on his hands, taking his position from behind. "You have the right idea, but you gotta just slightly lift yourself up."

~

"W-Wait!" He yelled desperately, grabbing my wing and holding me back. 

~

I smiled and awkwardly held out my hand for him to take. He did so, putting his hand softly in mine. 

~

I reached over to him and rested my hand on his. "I'm sure." He blushed harder and looked down at our hands. My feathery fingers were intertwining with his. The softness of my fingers running down his until our hands were clasped together.

I looked down at my hands, wishing I saw Link's hand in mine... but my hands were empty... 

Not being able to have him here... not being able to protect him, even though he doesn't really need it, scared me... knowing that he's back in Hyrule castle alone... hurts me... I wish I could magically heal him...

I clasped my fingers together and shut my eyes, imaging Link sitting next to me, smiling at me with his sweet and innocent smile.

"They were going to break it down. But I made a deal with the person in charge, and if I bring them a huge supply of wood and some rupees, then the house will be mine." He said, smiling.

I looked at him confused. "You're buying this house?"

He smiled happily. "Yup! Isn't that exciting!? Let's go talk to the landlord!"

~

"How much rupees do you need to pay?" I asked him, walking down the stairs.

"3000. I haven't had the chance to make any rupees though due to all this training." He said, sighing.

He ended up making 2000 rupees that night... 

My eyes widened and my beak parted.

I stood up quickly. "Dinner was really good, thank you... but there's something I need to do..." 

With that, I left, flying quickly to Hateno Village.