Chapter Fifteen

Link's POV

In Kakariko Village, I was to fight and train with the Sheikah clan. We spent a few more weeks training together. 

I had more than one motive now. It's not just Revali. Zelda is gone... Mipha is gone... and probably the other two champions, Urbosa and Daruk... 

"Link..." Zelda said, bringing me somewhere private to talk. 

"Is everything okay?" I asked her, worry on my face. 

"I... I must go..." She said, her voice breaking. 

I looked at her confused. "Where...?"

Tears brimmed her eyes. "I left my father and everyone in the castle... they're probably all dead... I must go there, and conceal Ganon in the castle... it's what I must do. I owe them that much. I can't let Ganon kill anyone else." 

My eyes widened. "N-No, you can't... you'll die, Zelda." 

She smiled reassuringly. "I won't die. You'll come to save me, as you always have before."

Tears reach the surface of my eyes. "... I will. Once I get stronger, I'll come for you." 

"You must first go to the Divine Beasts. Get them to help with Ganon. Then, end Ganon once and for all." 

I nodded, determined. "I will. I'll save them all. Revali, Mipha, Urbosa, and Daruk. I promise you that."

Her smile slowly faded. "Oh... um... there's something we've been... holding from you..." 

"What is it...?" 

"Mipha, she... she died in the battle with the Yiga's..." She said, blinking away the tears in her eyes. 

My heart stopped. I swear the whole world stopped in this moment. 

Mipha is gone... because of me... I did this... she was there to save me... and she died... 

"I'm so sorry Link..." 

I'm not sure if Zelda is alive still... but I'm trying my best to get stronger, so I can save everyone. I don't want to make the same mistake like I did with Mipha. I wasn't there to save her. I was weak... but I won't let that happen again. 

I trained with every weapon there was. I touched up on my survival skills, my cooking skills, and many more. This was going to be the hardest thing I've ever done. 

I have to face Ganon. 

I have to face the deaths of my friends... if they didn't survive...

I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to do so... but I have no choice. I need to do this. 

I need to prove my father wrong. I need to prove everyone who didn't believe in me wrong. I need to prove myself wrong. 

I trained and trained until finally the time came. 

I was to go to the divine beasts to save the champions. 

I went to Medoh first. I needed to see Revali. I needed to know if he was still alive. 

Though Medoh was up in the air, flying high in the sky. 

The Rito's told me that Teba was preparing to fight alongside Revali, and that he was ready to leave soon. 

He was at the Flight Range, where the snow blew harshly, making my skin sting as it always did. 

"T-Teba..." I said, tears in my eyes.