Chapter Ten

Revali's POV

Zelda was waiting outside the Yiga hideout, and when she saw Link, her eyes widened. 

"Oh no... Link..." She whispered, tears forming in her eyes. 

"Princess... he's in grave danger... he's been severely injured" I cried out. 

She nodded quickly. "Bring him to the castle! I'll get Impa to come."

"She can help him?" I asked. 

She nodded. 

"Okay. Get on my back. Can you make sure Link stays safe in your lap?" I asked.

"Of course." She said.

I bent down and she climbed onto my back, holding Link in her arms. 

I started to fly to the castle, making sure I flew quickly but safely. 

Once there, we brought Link to a room that was made for medical emergencies. I set him down on the bed and Impa rushed in right after, taking a look at his wounds. 

"His injuries are worse than I thought... his recovery will take a few days." She said, grabbing the necessary things she needed. 

Me and Zelda stood back as we watched sadly. 

As we were watching Impa connect Link to machines and stuff, I remembered about Mipha. 

"Princess... can I speak to you outside?..." I asked her softly.

She looked at me sadly. "Of course."

We walked out of the room Link was being cared for and faced each other. 

"I have some bad news... about Mipha..." I started, looking at her sadly as tears were still in my eyes. 

Her eyes widened and her lips parted. She too got tears in her eyes again. 

"She has passed away... she didn't see a Yiga coming her way... and he took her life..." I said sadly. 

Zelda gasped, crying immediately after, covering her face as she sobbed. 

I wrapped my wings around her and let her cry in my arms as I tried to comfort her. 

"I'm so sorry..." I whispered, shedding a few tears of my own. 

We stood there, crying as we mourned the death of Mipha. 

***

Me and Zelda eventually sat down on a bench outside of the room Link was in. Impa was still in there working on Link. 

Zelda had fallen asleep on my shoulder after crying so heavily. 

I couldn't sleep. I was still too worried about Link... 

As I sat there with Zelda, the others came back. 

My eyes widened with relief. "You guys are okay!" 

They smiled and shed a few tears. 

I softly rested Zelda on the bench, walking to the others and hugging them all. 

I'm not much of a hugger... but they needed this... I might even need it.

The four of us group hugged, crying as they mourned Mipha.  

Eventually we all sat down on a chair or bench, and sat there in silence. 

"How's Link?..." Teba asked quietly. 

I looked at him sadly. "I'm not sure... Impa is in there working on him now..." 

He nodded sadly. 

"He'll be okay, Revali. That boy is strong. He never gives up on anything." Urbosa said sadly. 

I smiled sadly at her. "Thank you... you're right... he is strong..." 

Though I believed what Urbosa said... I still regretted not telling Link how I feel... he said he thinks he might love me... and I couldn't answer him... I was shocked... but I don't know how I feel... all I know is that I feel something for him...

Zelda stirred awake, sitting up and rubbing her eyes, looking at everyone who was now here. 

"Hello, princess." Urbosa said, smiling softly at her.

She smiled softly back. "I'm so glad you guys are alright."

She stood up and hugged Urbosa tight. Urbosa hugged her back tightly too. 

Daruk smirked slightly. "I guess we were fit for the job."

Zelda smiled as she pulled away from Urbosa. "That is true."

I walked up to the door and peered in through the little window. 

Link was hooked up to a bunch of tubes and other things. The blood was wiped off of him and his cuts were bandaged. 

I sighed sadly and rested my forehead against the door, shutting my eyes. 

I wish I was in there, holding Link's hand for support he wouldn't know he was getting. 

"We need to go out, enjoy ourselves. We shouldn't sit here all day and feel sad." Urbosa said.

"I agree." Teba said lightly. 

I turned to them. "Is it okay if I stay here?... I want to be here when Impa finishes..." 

"He won't be awake though..." Zelda said softly.

I nodded. "I know... I just need to see him..."

"We understand. Do whatever you need." Teba said, smiling slightly at me.

"Thank you... you guys go though, and have fun." I said, forcing a smile.

"Okay... thanks. Be safe." Zelda said, smiling sadly at me. 

They then left, leaving me alone, standing at the door, waiting for the moment I could see Link and hold his delicate hand in mine.