Chapter 8

For the first time in Jaaniya's life , she felt at ease . For some reason loosing her memories was like winning a lottery especially when two of the cold people she have  ever come across her life was being nice to her .

She was amused that Kabir Verma and Suben Goenka could be nice in times of need .

Intezah and Hisham were always around her . The person most distressed was Intezah . She would start her tantrums with Kabir for not taking care of Jaaniya properly if she missed her medicines .

It was awkward for Jaaniya to accept the fact that Kabir fell for her and became her husband but the Jaaniya with or without her memories knew that if Kabir Verma tolerated Intezah without being a jerk , she did mean something to him .

Something was unsettling to Jaani.That how Kabir and Subhaanshi liked each other but didn't end up with each other . She was shocked to know Subhaanshi that her cousin was no more . From childhood , they were always together for everything . And knowing that she doesn't exist anymore with them made a part of Jaani's heart feel empty .

According to what she heard from Intezah , Kabir didn't confess his feelings to Subhaanshi , he conceded in Jaani for helping him to make a move on Shubhu.But during that time Jaani and Kabir grew close and fell in love .

Jaaniya really felt cliche when she heard all this . Not only cliche , she felt it absolutely hillarious as she couldn't imagine Kabir Verma approaching anyone for help.

But no matter what the past 5 years were blank to her and she had no other option to believe them  and ignore the unsettling pit she had in her mind .

***
Ranvir ,Kabir's bestfriend had just come to Qatar to attend his upcoming concert. His band was pretty famous with a lot fans .

His buddy Kabir was there in the country and Ranvir knew he didn't need to waste his money residing at a hotel . Kabir's house was just as big as a hotel and he wouldn't have to spend money . Free service .

Right now , on the dining table , Intezah along with Kabir and Hisham were narrating the incidents that occurred to Ranvir in the presence of Suben and Anaya too.

"How did you even get Suben to agree  ?", Hisham asked Intezah .

"Exactly , Doesn't he hate Jaani and is the evil cousin brother who ruins everything whenever she is happy?", Ranvir asked .

"Y'all make me sound like a daily soap character ." Suben groaned .

"You are honey , if we look from Jaaniya's side ." Anaya replied curtly .

"Well I didn't want my other sister to be gone too ." Suben replied averting his gaze away from anyone .

"Sister ? Whaaa? Weren't you the one who always reminded her she was adopted whenever she called you 'Bhaiya'." Hisham stated rolling his eyes at Suben .

Ranvir forwarded his hand to Anaya . Her eyes narrowed in confusion as she was clueless why Ranvir was about to shake his hands with her .

"Congrats you are the fairy who entered into our lives and killed the big bad Suben and turned him to good ." Ranvir said with a smile to her .

Suben and Anaya's eyes met when Ranvir mentioned about that . They both quickly averted their gaze away as soon they realized they were staring at each other   . A part of it was true , it was Anaya's influence that made Suben soft .

They didn't get along at first . Suben thought Anaya was a ego-centered girl who was too proud of herself . But slowly he learned that she made herself perfect as she was scared of her father . The man who beat her mother everyday for even the smallest mistakes . That characteristic was taken by her brother too who considered abusing your wife was normal and they should adjust with it. But Anaya wasn't harmed much as Jaani or her mother which is why she looked up to them.

Even Suben didn't find it a big deal when he found out Ananth was abusive to Jaani . But one day , he got into a fight with Anaya and she slapped him hard .

"What? You're angry? You wanna slap me back?" , she asked with fury on her eyes .

Suben would have killed her if she wasn't a woman . His pride seemed to go down and he felt horrible .

"No problem . You're gonna be my husband after all . Bear with that .", she said casually.

Suben understood what she was trying to imply . She was stating the dialogue the men in her household used with roles reversed . That's when he understood if one slap could affect him so much then the women who bear all the beatings from a abusive family must be going through a lot too.

That was the first time Anaya made Suben realise something . That she wasn't the ego-centered one but he was.

Later on , Anaya made him realise quite a few things too . He was growing into a better person in her presence . He was attracted to her too , he didn't want her to go , but stay and be a part of his life .

But for Anaya , everything Suben did was to impress her for a stupid business deal. They could never be nothing more than that .

"She is not a fairy."Kabir muttered which grabbed everyone's attention .

"If you were a fairy , you would have told what your asshole brother did to Jaani, but no you kept quite ." Kabir said coldly to Anaya .

"They would have done something to me if I informed anyone about that ." Anaya said helplessly .

"Sure , like that's not selfish."Kabir said sarcastically.

"I'm selfish . If I wasn't I wouldn't be here with you all, I am only here with Suben because that would gain me something in my company . Nothing else." , she stated glancing sharply at Suben and left .

Suben felt a pang on his chest .

***

Jaaniya as usual was sitting in the balcony admiring the sunset . She soon felt Suben's presence near her . He sat beside her silently taking in the view .

It was a thing with them , sitting in the balcony silently whenever they had something going on in their mind .Suben wasn't always a jerk to her .It was when he was 16 and started being cold to her . Jaaniya didn't exactly blame him , it was his parents who pressurized Suben to hate her and consider her as a inferior and competition .

"I'm sorry Jaani."

Jaaniya was suprised when Suben hugged her . She could feel him sniffing away his tears .

" I never really hated you . I agree I was a dick to you but that was because that's how dad and mom wanted me to be . But you are my family too . Not by blood but you should know that even though I pretended to hate you , I couldn't because I was so much used to your presence in the house ." He said .

"It's okay Suben. I understand ."

And then Suben forwarded both his hands to her . Jaaniya knew what he was about to do . It was a thing what she , Subhaanshi and Suben used to when they were young.

"We are family . We stick together as one . Always and forever ."

"Always and forever " , Jaaniya smiled joining her hands too.

***

Those who have watched the orginals will get the last scene 😭. Flaws is marching towards it end .