Chapter 1

Jaani' pov:
I wake up as if it's an emergency , as if sleeping had become a dangerous thing. My heart beats fast and there is a buzzing in my brain.

It was another nightmare again . I wonder if I ever could sleep a day without having any nightmares . Sighing , I make my way to the bathroom and freshen up.

Marching towards the living room , I see Kabir putting his socks on and about to leave for his work . He nods at me as a form of acknowledgement . I smile in return to which he shows a blank expression.

Before twisting the door knob , he stares at me and says "Well, call me if there is any emergency ."

I nod in response ,he bangs the door shut and leaves .

I walk over to the room to check upon Neha and find her sleeping peacefully in her cradle . No matter how messed up your life is , the sight of a baby sleeping peacefully always soothes your mind .

I married Kabir only for her . Sure , she was born from the womb of my cousin but she didn't deserve a lonely life with a messed up alcoholic father . I'm here to make sure that she has a happy life unlike us .

Kabir Verma always hated me in highschool . I didn't know the exact reason why . As a response to his action , I also had the same and equal reaction. I hated him too .

But it was obvious to everyone that he had a certain interest on my cousin as he always stared at Subhaanshi longingly whenever and wherever she was present . The only thing which made him look away from her was my sequential glaring .

Kabir only agreed to marry me after everyone let him shift here , in Qatar. He wanted to avoid his family as soon as the marriage was over or else they all would have forced us into so many functions and  compel us to pretend to be in love.

The balcony in Neha's room faced towards Doha Corniche.It is a waterfront promenade extending for seven kilometers along Doha Bay in capital city of Qatar, Doha. It is a popular tourist and leisure attraction within Qatar.

The cool and calm atmosphere made me lost in the circle of my own thoughts .

**Flashback**
Jaaniya's Pov
(Back when Jaaniya , Subhaanshi and Kabir were 15)

It was Milan , the grand exhibition and carnival in Loyola High. As part of the volunteering team ,  I was given the task of providing everyone with refreshments . The parade of the scouts and guides were over and  I was instructed by the Head Mistress to provide them with the snacks and drinks .

Well I loved my  job as a volunteer but it was the presence of Kabir Verma in the scouts and guides team which made me hesitate a little to go over there . That guy would always throw a rude remark to my direction .

Taking  deep breaths , I serve the snacks and drinks to everyone else except Kabir and his best friend Ranvir. Ranvir was not a always yelling machine like  Kabir but  Ranvir is known as the famous bad boy and it was him who got Kabir into drinking and smoking .

And guess who caught Kabir Verma trying his first cigarette near the area behind PT room . Me ,ofcourse . I think that made him hate me more than he already does but I didn't rat on them or anything as it wasn't my business but they were caught by our PT sir later on .

And Kabir Verma highly believes it was me who informed sir about it . Why?

Because he wouldn't  ever accept the fact that they both were dumb enough to smoke near the PT room.

"Ah Jaani, finally!", Ranvir exclaimed snatching the snack packet from me exictedly. He didn't wait for anything and started to hobble the contents inside the packet .

"Umm refreshments ?" , I asked Kabir politely .

He scoffed at me and said ," Not from you !"

"Why do you hate me so much?", I  asked quite irritated .

"Your face radiates too much happiness", he replied
to which Ranvir chuckled .

Really? Is that even a reason to hate someone ?

" Well not everyone has a messed up life like yours", I said trying to intimidate him.

But I think I crossed the limits and Kabir's faced turned red due to anger and he was lunging forward probably to hit me . The barrier who didn't allow him to do that act was Ranvir.

"Get outta here Jaani", Ranvir helped trynna hold Kabir back.

I was no fool to ignore that warning . But before running off ,I poked out my tongue to Kabir making him more angrier .

***
This is Corniche

 I dedicate this chapter to FutureVakeel

I dedicate this chapter to FutureVakeel . Thenks so much for reading this xD .