Chapter 5

Things between Kabir and Jaaniya shifted ever since the day Kabir found Jaaniya on the couch having a nightmare . Kabir realised the Jaaniya he knew and judged wasnt the real Jaaniya. On the outside , she was always bright ,positive and nothing ever could shatter the smile she had on her face.

It was all a pretense to the outside world.

In real , Jaaniya was a very fragile girl who needed someone to comfort her and be with her all the time but she was so scared to even admit that.

Parents being divorced and his sister Kavya being taken to children's home because she didnt choose a side in the court did damage Kabir a lot . Things werent same without Kavya in his life , he considered himself broken and became a brat. He built walls around himself by being arrogant so no one could become close to him.

He was also scared .

Scared of someone being snatched away from him again.

But when finally someone broke through his walls , she was snatched away too.

But Kabir found relief in drinking . It took his mind somewhere else than his messed up life .

But Jaaniya, Kabir was confused how she beared all her horrors silently without even letting anyone know about it. How she bottled up everything without getting angry or how she survived life without any complaints .

It was then he realised that not only he had walls around him,

And for some unknown reason , Kabir felt the need to break in through her walls.

But he knew that wasn't a easy task . That he needed to let down his walls to her and build a bond of trust with her .So, atleast his daughter wouldn't have to grow up in a cold atmosphere like them.

He was ready .

Ready to rely on Jaaniya and to prevent darkness prevail on his daughter's life .

***

A month had passed . It was amusing how time went quickly but over the passage of a  month Jaaniya and Kabir seemed to have a understanding with each other .

Jaaniya was a patient person who did understand Kabir quickly . Kabir felt at ease when he opened up to Jaaniya . She didnt judge him but listened to him   calmly. Jaaniya sure did share her insecurities and the struggles she faced during her childhood but a part of Kabir now understood she hasn't yet told him her complete life story as she didnt even mention about the demise of her ex-husband. He believed she would need more time to open about that topic but he was fine with it . He didnt want to force everything out of her .

They had formed a bond of friendship which was soothing to both of them.

And also , surprisingly Jaaniya's nightmares stopped during this period.

Unlocking the door to his house , Kabir was amused by the scene playing infront of him .

"Nehaa , khanaaa khaooo warna I theee Kabir Verma will eat you alive ." Jaaniya spoke to the little Nainika imitating Kabir's deep voice .

Jaaniya was dressed up in his suit and trying to pose as him.

"You scare my own kid by dressing as me ? You are cruel!",Kabir exclaimed.

"Its the only way she eats. She isnt scared of the Boogey Man or Anabelle.But wearing your suit and acting as The Kabir Verma works always.",Jaaniya retorted with a playful smile.

Kabir glanced at his watch . He had a party in Marriot hotel to attend. It was a party hosted so that numerous companies could form allies and make deals . Families could be accompanied too and Kabir wanted to take Jaaniya and his daughter .

"Why arent you ready? You know we have a important party to attend" Kabir said.

"It just takes 30 minutes to reach Marriot from here . Chill Kabir ." Jaaniya said rolling her eyes.

Kabir sure did buy a house which was located close to the hotels where they conducted official meetings and parties.

Kabir plopped down on his couch and Jaaniya finally after feeding Neha took her to the room to  be dolled up for the party.

***

At the Marriot Hotel, Jaaniya was suprised to see Anaya Shrenal clinged  to the arms of Suben Goenka .

The duo did notice Kabir ane his family and walked up their way towards them .

"Long time little sister ! I missed you ."Suben said with a sarcastic glint and a wicked smile.

Suben Goenka wasnt particularly fond of Jaaniya as she was the adopted kid of their the family .

Anaya gave Jaani a small smile as a form of acknowledgement.

The greeting was short termed as the host announced that the party was about to begin .

***
"She does seem happier . I am glad ." Anaya said to Kabir.

She was mentioning about Jaaniya with Neha two rows apart them. She was distracting Neha with the things around while making funny faces.

He found it odd for Anaya Shrenal, the sister of Ananth Shrenal to say that .

"Wasn't she happy with your brother though ?", Kabir asked quite confused .

Something shifted in Anaya's face but she sure was quick to cover that up .

"Ananth Shrenal wasn't really the good guy in her life ." Anaya said coldly leaving Kabir Verma hung up with a lot of questions in his head .

***
"Ah Jaani , you seem happy with a kid which isnt your own." Suben said taking a seat next to her .

"The Goenka Industries is all yours now . Why do you bother me ?"

Suben always found joy in troubling her but she didnt want to deal with him right now . She stood up to return to Kabir.

"Well , would Kabir still be with you if he gets to know that you can't conceive?", Suben stated which stopped Jaaniya on her tracks.

Sure , Suben had found that out from Anaya and didnt miss the chance to rub it on her face .

Jaaniya's eyes glistened and insecurities started crawling up to her . She was shaking and couldn't breathe properly . She didnt want to break down infront of a ton of people so she dashed her way out of the party to nowhere .

**

Phew ! I know the twists are so dramatic but forgive me i had this plot for a long time in ma head and the character of Jaani is based on the lives of my 6 relatives and merging all those 6 people into one is really hard and maybe way tooo dramatic.

And also i dont know if kids are taken away by the court if they dont choose a side . As this is kinda sequel to Im fine i had to follow that . Just consider it as a work of fiction ehe.

Also i read my previous story and really found my writing crappy which made me think to unpublish this and my previous story too .

Also i was a kid back them , but i hope this story is less crappy .

Thank you .