| Chapter Thirty Six |

"It's not a date, Nicole

"It's not a date, Nicole." I say yet again into the phone, with a roll of my eyes while I sat on the couch waiting for Dylan to pick me up.

It wasn't a date, it sure as hell was not, I am not dating right now especially with everything going on. (god I had enough problems in my life to last a lifetime) Its just two friends hanging out, its as simple as that. And Its not one of those things where im just saying that to deny that it is, it isn't. Not. A. Date.

"Why can't it? Dating can be good for you if its the right guy! And you know I am totally rooting for him, he's the one guy I don't want shish-kabob his balls on a stick and wave them around in a satanist ritual."

I couldn't help but sputter a laugh at that putting my face in my hands, god I shouldn't be encouraging this. "No, Nicole, seriously we are just friends, thats all I want to be. And if he perhaps wanted more, i'd set him straight. Dylans —" I sigh, "He's not some distraction or rebound, he's a nice guy, and he deserves better than that." Better than me.

She grumbles, and I can picture her placing her head into her pillows in frustration. "God damn it Daph, whenever there's a window — even a small one — of potential happiness you never fucking take it, but then if there's a window of hell on earth you'd leap through that without a second thought." she groans loudly.

"There is not window to leap through yet, Nic." I sigh again, rubbing the bridge of my nose, "Look, I'm just taking tonight to have fun for once."

She snorted, "Fun? Thats what we have been doing all week girl!—"

"No, not — not that kind of fun.." I pause a moment, chewing my bottom lip. "Thats not me." I confess.

"Well thats the point, Daph. Its not supposed to be you, you're doing it as a 'fuck you' to right and left tesitcle." I could practically hear her rolling her eyes— Grant and Niall, thats her new nick name for them. She never really eloborated on who was left or right though.

"I know, and I really appreciate you trying to help me with that, and I was hoping it would, but it didn't. I feel worse, and honestly I need to focus on school, I'm getting my ass kicked in Calculus and pretty much all the rest of my classes." I almost cringed at the thought of my final grades if I kept this up.