| Chapter Fourty | sneak peak

"You sure you're up for this, Daph?" Nicole questions from the drivers seat, her unsure blue eyes casting to the gym building

"You sure you're up for this, Daph?" Nicole questions from the drivers seat, her unsure blue eyes casting to the gym building. "Because if you need back up, I can go in there with you, I've got my taser with me and these," she holds up her fists with a smirk, "he wouldn't stand a chance." She jokes.

I sputter a small laugh at that, the first one all morning through the pit of anxiety rolling around in my stomach.

"Thanks, but I think I'll be alright. I'm not planning on any violence, and if you came along that's guaranteed to happen." I imply with a playful eyebrow raise.

Nicole grins with a non regretful shrug, not denying it either. "If you say so, but just say the word and I'll march in there and fuck his shit up. I got your back, babe." She punches my shoulder gently, and in that moment I knew how lucky I was to have such a loyal friend like Nicole.

"I know," I smile sincerely, starting to get out before I turn to back her with a questioning expression, my eyebrows furrowed. "Wait, what's the panic word again?"

Nicole pauses, obviously forgetting it as well before shrugging. "Just call me and start screaming." She answers casually, it would have been almost comical if she wasn't serious.

I raise my eyebrows unimpressed, "Seriously?"

"What? It's easy and effective. Besides if I don't get there in time someone else will, right?"' She pauses again, and I give her a moment to let it sink in on how ridiculous that logic was. She then rolls her eyes, "Shut up." She groans obviously hearing my message loud and clear. "Now stop stalling, and get this over with! Shoo! Shoo! Out of my car! Out!" She pushes my shoulder out the rest of the way making me stumble. I flip her off as soon as I shut the door with her sticking her tongue out at me.

"Go get him, babe!" Nicoles muffled voice yells from inside the car. I wave her off with a 'yeah yeah' starting to walk towards the gym tightly holding my bag, trying to keep nervous bile rise in my throat.

I stop in my tracks as soon as I hear "I'm a boss as bitch" by Nicki Minaj blasting from the car speakers behind me, and I didn't have to turn around to know it was Nicoles way of encouragement.

She did know this was a public parking lot right? People were probably staring — oh god. I don't even wanna know.

I shut my eyes a few brief moments, taking a small breath before starting to walk again. I squared up my shoulders, lifting my chin, her music being drown out the farther I got and the louder my anxious thoughts became.

I barley slept last night trying to think of a way to break up with Grant, and it's not that I didn't know what to say, it was more how to say it and where the hell do I start. I had so much to say but I just couldn't figure out a way to bring it all together to formulate a sentence. Or atleast one that made sense. I just — I stutter when I'm nervous, I ramble, I talk fast, I sometimes hyperventilate.. Okay not really hyperventilate, I did once or twice when I had to speak in front of an audience for a elementary school play which was an utter disaster. Then there was another time when I had to do a solo dance routine at a competition when I was 14 but I guess never in these circumstances. Not that I had many that resembled Grant Terino, but who the hell knows what will happen.