| Chapter Two |

I walked into the gym where Grant would be training, like he always does everyday 4 - 6

I walked into the gym where Grant would be training, like he always does everyday 4 - 6. I checked his text after I got home earlier, and one of my assumptions were right, he told me to swing by the gym after classes. I am never one to deny him, so I texted him back telling him I would be there soon.

I waved to a few of the trainers as I passed, knowing them because of Grant. I have become friendly with alot of people who work here or are gym regulars, that tends to happen when you drop by almost everyday.

Grants kind of like the king of this gym, everyone knows him and worships him at his feet. Especially the women, you get used to his female attention after a while, but I'm not going to lie, alot of times I feel like I need to measure up to them somehow. I contemplate alot about working out, and getting a killer body like half the girls here, but then I take a bite of pizza and I change my mind. Maybe one day.

After I went through the identification process with security, I made my way down the hall of the gym leading to where Grant trained. Since Grants a bit of a big shot, I guess you need some security so that other people can't record him fighting behind closed doors and study his techniques. That's qualified as cheating.

"Hey, Abe." I greeted the tall man with an earpiece in his ear, standing a few doors down from where Grant would be.

He nodded with a small smile, "Daphne, nice to see you again." I smiled as he let me by with no problem, yes I'm on greeting terms with Grants security. Like I said, when you are around enough, you grow to make some friends.

I enter a room labeled MENS KB/B. That stood for kickboxing/boxing, something like that. Which was only for men, obviously hence the "men" part. There is a woman's one a few doors down I believe. Walked in there once when I first started coming around, to you know get a feel for the place -- mostly out of bordum to be honest -- and I don't think I felt more intimidated in my life by my own gender. I wasn't in there very long.

I walked into the large spaced room, and came face to face with that stupid ring in the middle of the room. You can't really miss it. It was red, with black matts padding the bottom, and the thick elastics rounding it were a darker red. A part of me wonders if the reason the matts were black, was so that you wouldn't notice the blood stains.