The Archer

It's Friday. The last day of the week. And in the past four days, Sara had received a note for each. Since then, she has been anticipating a new one every time she opened her locker, so far she hadn't gotten one yet. She grabbed her books and went to her next class. Chemistry.

"Open your books on page 172. Today, we'll talk about electron transfiguration," the teacher said. And as Sara was flipping through the pages of her book, she found a note between the pages.

Not a day goes by that you don't cross my mind. Not a day goes by that I don't wait for your smile. Each time I wonder if there'll be a time that I'll be the reason behind that smile.

Sara smiled to herself and blushed. 'If only you knew that you've been the reason I've been smiling these past few days.' She then looked around if someone noticed how foolish looking she must have been. Thank god no one was paying her any attention. At least not one that she noticed.

Their squad was practicing outside today. And as always, most of them are giving her shit. Some because they don't like her. Some are just scared of their seniors to do otherwise. But Sara's trying not to let that get her down.

"Alright! Let's take five! Well, make it a fifteen. Great job guys." Their senior captain said and everyone sighed in relief. They've been going over a routine for what seemed like a hundred times. And they certainly needed a break.

Everyone went on with their different groups. Some sitting by the bleachers. A couple of seniors flirting with the football players. While Sara was just standing there by herself under the shade of a tree.

On the other side of the field, she watched as a guy and a girl were engaged in a competition of sorts in archery. The same pair that she saw in the gym the other day. She has always found archery quite intriguing. And as she watched the two shooting arrows at the target, she was in awe as to how strong and fierce the girl looked, but still with much elegance in her movements. The girl then closed her eyes for the next shot, and moments later, the guy was handing something to the girl. Money. They were having a bet. The girl took it and put it in her pocket. Then the guy said something, she laughed, looked at Sara's direction and smiled as if knowing that Sara was watching them. She was about to look away then turned back facing Sara with her bow and arrow drawn.

-----------------

Nyssa had been watching the cheer leading team go over a routine again and again. It was nauseatingly annoying. It didn't seem difficult but most of them were being pain in the asses. Especially to their co-captain Sara. Every time they practice and she happens to be there, that's always the scenario she notices. She's been classmates with Sara a couple of times, she didn't really get to know her much but she seemed nice. And Nyssa doesn't get why these girls give Sara too much shit to deal with.

Nyssa was getting bored. None of the other archers on the team were as good to be any exciting competition for her, except for Alec. Only Alec came close to beating her once, but that didn't surprise her. They were both trained by the same person and started training at the same time. Though Alec was a year older than Nyssa, and much bigger and stronger, Nyssa was still the better archer and fighter. She is faster, smarter, and more skilled.