18: I guess I'll let it pass for now.

A day has passed.

I've been thinking about all the times I've helped (Y/n), and what Akechi and Toritsuka told me make sense. Aiura and I have always been wondering why (Y/n) never gets affected by her bad luck, and that's because there's always something disrupting its activity. In this case, it's me most of the time, and I, along with many others, don't get to live life peacefully.

Well, not that it was already peaceful to begin with.

Something that I also realized is that even when I'm not around, other people aren't as bothered by her bad luck because unluckiness isn't an unusual thing in PK Academy. Unlike in her previous school, everyone in PK Academy is used to experiencing unfortunate events. In fact, this attracts even more people towards her.

I sigh. "So, why are you following me, Kuusuke?"

My older brother has been trailing right behind me since a while ago. I'm just going to visit (Y/n) in the hospital, so I really don't understand why he has to be there, too.

Kuusuke laughs. "You should really stop glaring at me, Kusuo! You're hurting my feelings! I just want to accompany you, that's all. After all the trouble I've caused you, I thought it'd be great if I try acting like an older brother for once. Oh, we're already here! This is her room, right?"

I look back at him. "I think if you try too hard you're going to cause me even more trouble. Why don't you just wait out here?"

"I'll wait out here when I've seen this friend of yours! Her injury is partly my doing, anyway."

Well, whatever. It's not like he's going to listen to me.

Without the bomb Kuusuke placed underground, I could've redirected either (Y/n) or Saiko's car to another route. But since that wasn't the case, I had to do something. I took the risk of slowing down the car to a certain extent so that it wouldn't cause any danger to the people inside, but of course, slowing the car down wasn't enough to avoid her getting hit.

Thankfully, (Y/n) sensed the incoming vehicle so she tried jumping out of the way. Though jumping isn't the best idea for a normal person since there was no space at all in that street, it was a good time for me to use my psychokinesis on her. I made her jump slightly higher than the car, but this grazed her leg in the process and also put more stress on her already-injured foot when she landed.

Even though I have x-ray vision, I never noticed her injury before. It probably came from the time when she was helping Hairo carry the notebooks up the stairs, or maybe from the lunch rush the other day when everything was on sale.

So it appears that more stress built up on it afterwards, and things got worse when she landed after avoiding the car. That was a mistake on my part, but the important thing is that she's fine.

I go inside (Y/n)'s room with Kuusuke following me.

She turns to us. "Ah! What're you doing here?"

That . . . That's exactly what she said in my premonition dream! And the cast on her leg, too . . . So this was still bound to happen, huh. Looking back, I guess I jumped to the conclusion that she'd die. I completely ignored the fact that she was alive and well in my dream.

Good grief.

Kuusuke waves. "Hello! Glad to see you're doing well!"

I look at him and back at (Y/n). "You know each other?"

(Y/n) nods. "Yup! Wait, Saiki-san, you know each other, too?"

"Of course!" Kuusuke pats my shoulder. "He's my younger brother!"