12: Seems like I've been downgraded.

You might be wondering why I said we'd be observing (Y/n) first. This morning has been pretty hectic as usual, but it is still unsure as to why she doesn't get affected at all by her bad luck. That is why I decided it was best to keep things as they currently are and look for some kind of pattern.

Yes. A pattern.

I've been too preoccupied saving (Y/n) countless times that I wasn't even able to think of this. By noting a pattern in the events of her bad luck, it is possible to find something that can answer this question.

And now that it's lunch time, something is bound to happen.

"Hey, partner!"

Here it is.

Nendou starts raising all the desks around me, looking underneath as if he was searching for something. "Hm, seems like she ain't here." Nendou looks around the classroom, still holding the desks. "I wonder where she could be. She's with me all the time but--oh?"

Running can be heard from the hallway. "Quick! Catch that rat! It bit my finger!"

"Help me!" a tiny voice yells. "Someone help me!"

That sounds familiar. I check outside and see a hamster being chased by Takahashi and his gang.

"And mind you, I'm not a rat!" Koriki No. 2 says. "How did things end up this way? I knew it wasn't a good idea to leave Riki!"

Koriki keeps running with Takahashi and friends behind her. Sounds like she's the one Nendou has been looking for.

I turn to Nendou and point outside. "Your pet is by the hallway. Catch her before anything else happens."

Nendou drops all the desks. "Thanks, partner! Oh, but how did you know I was looking for Koriki No. 2?"

"You told me," I say.

"Oh yeah, I must have. I knew I could count on you any time! Thanks again!" He starts running outside as well.

I go back to my chair. Good grief. This is why animals shouldn't be brought to places like this. It'll cause chaos.

Hm? You're thinking about the times I brought the hamster here? That was an exception. I didn't want to take care of it myself. Like I said earlier, it'll create more chaos in my life.

. . . Chaos?

I run outside and see Koriki running straight towards (Y/n) by the stairs. Why is she by the stairs again? We already saw that.

Koriki passes between her legs, making (Y/n) nearly trip.

'What was that thing?'  she thinks.

I think you should be more concerned about yourself.

Before she falls over, I control her so she regains her balance. Good grief. Did I really have to do that twice in one day?

'That was close! Yet another stairs accident. Well, nearly. Thank you, god of stairs!'

Seems like I've been downgraded to a stairs god. Well anyway, while that happened, I froze Koriki in place.

"Hey, why can't I move anymore?" Koriki yells. She sees me a few meters from her. "It's you again! Wait, so this is your doing?! Let me go!"

"Don't worry," I tell her. "Your owner will be here soon."

"Why are you chasing Koriki No. 2, Takahashi?!" Nendou yells.

Takahashi, still running, yells back. "So that rat is yours? That filthy thing really takes after its owner! Once I get my hands on it, I'll definitely--"