14: Why do I need to put up with this?

It's the weekend again. Seriously, time flies by too fast in this story.

Everything has been normal so far. By normal, I mean (Y/n)'s bad luck is still evident. This week, we've had many cases of chalk screeching on the board which nearly caused everyone to go deaf. Someone also accidentally stabbed his finger with his pen in class and was bleeding way too much. There are many more to recount, but the worst one would probably be that the prices of all the brands of coffee jelly sold in the supermarkets went up. Seriously, I've been affected by her bad luck as well.

The only recurring theme in all those events is that other people get affected, and that's not new information. They don't get injured all the time, and these events happen at random. Aside from that, Aiura says that the size of (Y/n)'s aura changes at random times, too.

And ever since the day Aiura and Toritsuka met (Y/n), I haven't seen Toritsuka at all. I can't even hear his thoughts, so he must've gone somewhere really far away. Well, not that I care. Maybe (Y/n) has some good luck in her, after all.

Something that I also noticed is that I've been way too tired these past few days. I can use my powers just fine, but things feel a bit different, though I might just be overthinking. I'm hoping that I could use this weekend to rest--

"It's Ku-kun!"

. . . Good grief. I spoke too soon. Why is he even here? And now, out of all times? Never mind what I said earlier. I really have been affected by (Y/n)'s bad luck.

"Ku-kun, we missed you so much!" my mother says. "Wait, we should call Kuu-chan--"

I teleport downstairs. "No need. So what are you doing here?"

Kuusuke laughs. "What's with the hostility? Stop glaring at me, Kusuo. I just wanted to visit my family!"

"No you don't. What are you planning this time?"

"There's a new hot spring that opened near the area, and I thought I would take you guys there!" He brings out a brochure and gives it to our parents.

"My, our Ku-kun is really thoughtful!" mom says while holding onto dad.

Kuusuke smiles. "It's no big deal! You guys should read the brochure to see all their facilities before we go. Let's leave in a little while."

And with that, my parents go.

"Visiting home is part of the reason, you know. I'm not entirely lying," he tells me. "So can you take a guess why I'm here?"

He really is annoying. "That's what I've been asking you in the first place, and no, I don't want to guess."

"You must be thinking that that's what you've been asking me in the first place and you don't want to take a guess, right?" Kuusuke laughs. "Don't worry, don't worry, I'll tell you in a bit!"

"So why don't you just tell me now?!"

He brings out a paper bag filled with cotton and holds it up. What's he going to do with that? "I guess I'll tell you as early as now. When we leave for the hot spring, we might be facing some challenges along the way! Exciting, isn't it?"

"So you're planning to make me use my powers again?"

Kuusuke shakes the paper bag. Even with my x-ray vision, I don't see anything unusual. "Right! I am making you use your powers again! I just had a great idea that I should observe your powers directly to know more about it!"

"That's stupid. So what's with the bag?"

"Hm?" He drops the bag on the floor. "Oh, that bag was actually for nothing. I just wanted to show it to you!"