Act II: Chapter 13

(Perspective: Adeleine)

It was about 5 minutes until midnight. I felt as if I heard a scream in the distance. At first, I thought I was still dreaming, but then I got an uneasy feeling in my SOUL. I felt the pain of a thousand knives piercing into my heart. Ink! He was in trouble. I quickly got out of my bed and shook Ribbon awake.

"What?" she said, half asleep, "Don't tell me you have to pee again."

"No, it's not that," I said, "Go wake up the boys. Ink's gone missing." Ribbon raised her sleepy eyebrow.

"Are you sure about that?" she asked, not believing me.

"Just wake them up," I told her. While she flew in to wake up the boys, I went and woke up Francisca.

After everyone woke up, we met outside the hotel building.

"Daroach, are you sure you didn't see a note or anything?" I asked.

"No, I would've noticed," Daroach answered. Out of nowhere, I felt the pain in my chest and fell to my knees. Meta Knight rushed over to me.

"Are you alright, my lady?" he asked me.

"I'm fine," I said as I slowly stood up, "Ink's close by. I'm sensing he's at the dance hall. Let's hurry." We ran as fast as we could to the dance hall. Every step I took, the pain got stronger. Whoever was attacking Ink must have hit him hard.

By the time we arrived, I saw Ink lying on the floor as if he was dead. In front of him was the monster Error, who had the other half of my SOUL tied up in strings. Behind him were the other evil Sanses.

"Error!" I shouted, "Let him go!" He looked at me, and just laughed evilly.

"Or else what?" he said, "He's practically a sack of bones now. In just a few seconds, I'll shatter this half SOUL. And you'll little boyfriend will be dead!" Ribbon pulled out her shard gun and pointed it at Error.

"You're gonna eat those words!" she said with anger. But before she could fire, I placed my hand on the shard gun and lowered it.

"Wait," I told her, "If we aren't careful, it could hit Ink's SOUL, causing him to dust. We need a different approach. If we need, I might have to use my secret power."

"You don't mean..."

"Yes," I responded, "That power. But I have an idea." I walked up to Error, holding my paintbrush tightly.

"Man," I said, trying to sound sad, "It must be great having to destroy anything you want." I turned my head to the ground. Error scratched his head with a confused look on his fate.

"You do realize I'm going to destroy his SOUL right?" he said to me.

"I know." Then, while he was looking at me, I swung my paintbrush at him and hit him in the face, knocking him down, and freeing the SOUL.

"That's what you get for hurting my boyfriend!" I shouted at him. I carefully placed Ink's SOUL back inside his body. He woke up and looked at me.

"Adeleine?" he said. I picked him up and hugged him as tightly as possible, but it didn't bring a smile to my face.

"We have some unfinished business to attend to," I told him, "Are you able to fight?" Ink tried to stand up, but ended up falling to his knees.

"What... did Error... do to me?" he said, sounding weak, "I can't fight like this."

"It's okay," I said, "Go rest. I'll protect you." I picked up Ink and walked over to the corner. He was surprisingly light as usual. I gently placed him down and kissed his cheek.