Act II: Chapter 12

(Perspective: Ink)

"You're not really going to the dance wearing that, are you?" I asked Adeleine, "It looks unprofessional." Adeleine chuckled a bit.

"You say that, but you've been wearing those clothes every day," she told me, "Plus, you have that Ink stain on your chin." I blushed a bit and scratched my head.

"That stain really can't be removed," I told her, "But I can do something about our clothes." I waved my paintbrush in the air, and then we were instantly in nice new clothes. I wore a black tuxedo with a rainbow bowtie, nothing too serious. Adeleine, on the other hand, dawned a beautiful, short-sleeved, bright green dress that sparkled in the moonlight. In her hair was a rainbow bow-shaped hair clip.

"These clothes will only last a couple hours, but I think we're ready now," I explained. Adeleine nod her head.

"Yes," she said, "Much better. You look handsome." I blushed a bit.

"You two," I said, sweating, "Wait! I meant beautiful! Oh man! This is embarrassing." I turned my back to Adeleine.

"Hey, it's okay," she said, "Let's just go inside and have some fun." Her happy tone brought a smile to my face as I turned around.

"You're right," I said, "Let's go have fun."

"Do I get a pretty dress too?" Ribbon said sarcastically.

"I think it's best if we let them be," Meta Knight answered.

"Meta Knight's right," Daroach added, "Let's let them have fun while we also have fun as well."

"Oh, Wise words coming from the one who eats cheese for breakfast, lunch, and dinner," Ribbon smirked. Daroach clenched his fists and blushed.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it!" Daroach mumbled. I decided to ignore them. It was best that we just have fun. After all of the unnecessary arguing from the others, we finally entered the building.

It was crowded inside the building. Humans and monsters were scattered everywhere, discussing, dancing, and drinking, or what I like to call the three Ds. The current music playing was a song I often heard when I went to Mettaton's performances. Something about the tune of the song always brought chills to my bones, especially when they dropped the bass. I grabbed Adeleine's hand and ran to the dance floor.

"Do you wanna dance?" I asked her. Adeleine grabbed my other hand.

"Sure," Adeleine answered with a smile, "I don't dance much, but I'll dance with you." I let go of her hands and started jumping up and down excitedly.

"Thank you!" I said with enthusiasm. Then, we started dancing harder than we've ever danced before. After about 5 minutes, the music switched to a slow ballad. Adeleine held her hand out to me.

"Ink, may I have this dance?" she asked me. I smiled brightly.

"Of course," I said. I grabbed her hand with my left hand and placed my right hand on her waist. Adeleine placed her other hand on my shoulder and then, we started to rock back and forth. While we were dancing, I looked over my shoulder and saw Ribbon and Daroach struggling to dance as dance partners.

"You're too small to dance with!" Daroach snapped.

"Well, you stop swinging me around like a maniac!" Ribbon snapped back. Then, it got pretty ugly for those two. I chuckled when I saw them let go of each other and turn the other way.

"What's so funny?" Adeleine asked me.

"Oh, it's nothing," I responded, "Ribbon and Daroach are arguing again. They have pretty bad blood with each other."