Act I: Chapter 5

(Perspective: Adeleine)

It all seemed so peaceful that night. I was having a lovely dream, but then I heard sobbing in my dream. I woke up, and still heard the sobbing. It was like maybe 2:00 a.m. when I woke up. The sobbing wasn't that loud, but it was loud enough to keep me awake. I knew it wasn't Ribbon, because she doesn't sleep-walk, talk, or anything. No, I had a hard feeling on who it was. Still in my pajamas and holding my teddy bear (yes, I don't care if I'm 17 and still sleeping with stuffed animals), I walked over to the guest room. The crying got louder. I slowly opened the door, and saw Ink lying in the bed, crying in his sleep.

"No, it's not true," he said to himself. What was he talking about? He was obviously having a nightmare. Now, I know that I had just met him recently, but I could tell he was in pain, so I had to do something.

"Poor thing," I said to myself. I slowly and quietly walked over to him. I placed my head on his head and started to pet it.

"It's okay," I said, "It's going to be fine." Then, I remembered something. A mysterious being came to our planet once and taught me all sorts of different magic techniques. Along with being able to paint whatever I wanted and for it to become real, they taught me about green magic, the power of healing. Despite having a red SOUL, I was able to use green magic. I cast some green refreshing magic on Ink to make him calm. This did help with the crying, but I still felt something else troubling him. I placed my teddy bear in his arms, and turned on a nearby music box. It played peaceful music, calming Ink down. I quietly walked out of the room and closed the door. I walked back into my own room, feeling somewhat good about myself. Seeing others suffer was not something I enjoyed. I absolutely hated it. I got into my bed, closed my eyes, and went to sleep.

The next morning, I got up early. I didn't know why I did, but there's no point in going back to sleep once you're awake. I couldn't think of what to do, but then it came to me. I would make a surprise breakfast. I grabbed my easel and paintbrush and started painting. I painted pancakes, scrambled eggs, syrup, whipped cream, orange juice, and bacon. The painting then became a delicious breakfast. I grabbed each of the items and placed them on the table. I made sure that it looked nice and tidy. After all, I want Ink to have a good impression of me. About 5 minutes later, Ink walked down the stairs, holding my teddy bear.

"Good morning," I said to him, "How did you sleep?" Oops. I did not mean to ask him that.

"I had a terrible nightmare," he said, "Error came, and he took you away." I was surprised to hear this.

"But then," he continued, "I found myself in a peaceful place. There was nice music, and I started to feel alright. When I woke up, I found this teddy bear in my arms and I felt refreshed. Is this yours?"

"Yes," I said, "That's mine. I felt like you needed it."

"Thanks," Ink said, "Something smells good. What is it?"

"Well, I felt like getting up early, so I made you breakfast," I explained, "I hope you enjoy." Ink smiled warmly.

"Thanks!" he said. He then rushed to the table and started to eat some of the food.

"Slow down," I said smiling, "Save some for me." We both enjoyed our breakfast that I made. A bit later, Ribbon came downstairs.

"Morning," she said, "Do I smell pancakes?"

"Indeed," I answered, "Want some?"

"Sure," she said. She grabbed a small plate and two pancakes. She sat down between Ink and me.

"So, how did you two sleep last night?" she asked us, "Did you two kiss?" Now she was really getting on my nerves.

"Ribbon, what did I tell you earlier?" I asked her.