Act II: Chapter 9

(Perspective: Adeleine)

I couldn't believe that Ink and I actually died. I did have to thank Determination for bringing us back. Now that we were back, we had to go through this swamp. I'm not a big fan of getting dirty, despite my passion for painting. This was probably the most miserable part of the journey in my opinion. Only Ink and I were affected by walking in the puddles because Meta Knight and Ribbon could fly, and Francisca was floating.

"I'm gonna have to shower for weeks after this," I said.

"Me too," Ink replied.

"Would you two quit whining?" Ribbon said, slightly annoyed, "It's not our fault we ended up here."

"They won't be much longer," Francisca said, "I think we're close to the end of this swamp."

"That's what she wants you to think!" A familiar voice said from out of sight. Then, Daroach walked in front of us.

"Oh, it's pipsqueak," Ribbon said.

"You know, fairy," Daroach said, "It isn't nice to call people names."

"I don't mean to be rude, but what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Did you seriously follow us all this way?" Ink added.

"Well yes, but actually no," Daroach answered proudly, "This is where I live, as a matter of fact."

"I suppose we could call him a swamp rat," Ribbon muttered under her breath. Daroach wasn't flattered.

"I heard that!" he said, "Anyway, I learned what the real prize of this hunt is. It's the girl." I was shocked to hear that.

"Me?" I said, "You're saying that I'm the real prize of this hunt? Are you flirting with me?"

"I'm merely asking for a battle," Daroach answered, "If you win, I will let you pass. If you lose, the girl is mine."

"As if I were to let that happen!" Ink said angrily, "She doesn't deserve you."

"Ink," I said, "You don't have to..."

"It's fine," Ink interrupted, "I know he won't win."

"How can you be so sure?" I asked.

"Listen," Meta Knight said to Daroach, "I get that you want to fight, but what are you going to do without your other friends here?" Daroach went blank.

"Who n-needs those losers?" he answered, "I'm much better than them. Let's fight! Mind if I go first?" He pulled out a wand and cast ice magic at us. We quickly dodged.

"Well, that caught me off guard," Ink said, "I had no idea you were a magician. But can you dodge this?" He charged at Daroach and attempted to hit him with his paintbrush, but Daroach teleported away just in time.

"Not bad," Ink said.

"Thanks," Daroach responded, "But I'm not done yet." He pulled out a unfused bomb and threw it at Ink, who quickly dodged it. I was confused by the bomb.

"Uh, you forgot to ignite it," I told Daroach.

"Wait, really?" he said, "Oh I am such a fool."

"Oh, now you admit it," Ribbon said with attitude.

"Shut up!" Daroach said.

"You know," Ink said, "I don't actually want to fight you, and I don't think you do either, so can we just call it a tie?" He put his hand out to Daroach.

"Sure," he responded as he shook Ink's hand, "Your hand's a bit boney." Ink giggled.

"I wonder why," he said. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a portal opened, and out walked what I assumed was Error Sans and one other Sans that was creepy and had a crack in his skull. Ink gasped.