Daryl lead her to the motorcycle he pulled out of the garage. His hand slipped from her back and he stepped closer to the vehicle. He swung his leg over the bike and looked at her expectantly with his hands propped on his thighs, "Hop on."

Murphy sighed, moving to climb on behind him. Her hands were set on his shoulders as she swung her leg over the bike. As she sat down, they slid down to fall around his middle. Her palms pressed against his torso and Daryl could feel her soft breaths against his neck. He tensed, and Murphy immediately noticed.

"Is this okay?" she asked, her hold loosening slightly.

"Yeah, yeah," he whispered over his shoulder. "It's perfect."

Murphy nodded, letting her arms wrap around him once more. Daryl's hands fell to the handle bars as he relaxed. He brought the engine to life, the roaring sound echoing through the streets. As soon as the bike moved forward, however, Murphy yelped. She pulled herself closer to his back and pressed her cheek against his shoulder. Daryl stopped, but the engine still rumbled.

He looked over his shoulder in concern, but couldn't help the grin that crossed his face as he saw her eyes screwed tightly shut, "Nothin's gonna happen."

"You know how many injuries I saw from motorcycle accidents?" she asked shakily. "And we're not wearing helmets!"

Daryl let a low chuckle escape his mouth, his eyes still on her, "You're ridiculous."

"I'm careful!" Murphy defended, cracking open her eyes to meet his. "Keep your eyes on the road."

Daryl turned to face forward, the remains of a smile on his face, "Yes, ma'am."

With that, he drove to the gate, waiting for the guard to fully open it. Once they were off on the country roads, Daryl increased the speed bit by bit. Murphy's tight grip slowly relaxed as she got used to the feeling of the motorcycle on the road. The warmth of her body against his was something Daryl couldn't get out of his thoughts. His mind was focused on every place she touched him, sending his stomach into a frenzy of feelings. But the wind blowing through their hair grounded the two of them. Murphy felt a wide smile cross her face as she began to enjoy the feeling of the outside world once more. She propped her chin on Daryl's shoulder, her hands still wrapped around his waist.

They drove for a while before Murphy felt the bike slow. She furrowed her brows in confusion as Daryl brought them to a stop beside a sprawling grassy field, "Why did we stop?"

Daryl looked down as he put the kick stand up with his foot. He looked over his shoulder and shook the hair out of his eyes, "Sky looked pretty."

Murphy's eyes shone with an inexplicable emotion as her gaze flicked from him to the sky. He could not have been more right. The clouds were colored with hues of red, orange, and pink. The sun was setting over the Virginian hills, creating a golden glow. The two basked in the light as they climbed off of the bike. Their steps were slow and deliberate as they made their way into the field, leaving the motorcycle behind on the road. They came to a stop in the midst of the open area, and carefully sat on the cool grass wordlessly. Murphy leaned back on her arms and crossed her legs, while Daryl pulled his knees close to his chest. Their arms brushed as they admired nature's beauty.

Murphy felt Daryl's gaze on the side of her face and she turned to him, "What?"

Daryl shook his head with a soft smile on his lips, "Nothin'."

Murphy scoffed, turning back to the sky with a teasing expression, "Fine."

The two sat in silence for quite a while, but not once did they find it awkward. Their presence alone was enough to fill the void of quietude. Their eyes traced the ever-changing sky, and they listened to the sounds of the undisturbed nature. Once the sky grew dim and the stars began to peak through the clouds, Murphy spoke up in the silence.