Chapter Seven

Rogue's P.O.V.

"Where is she?" I asked once Sting and I ran into the guild. Orga pointed to the bar and I saw Ashe sitting with Ryos and eating. She saw me and stood to me greet me but I caught her off guard by pulling her into a hug.

"Rogue, what's wrong?" She asked as she rubbed my back and I gently pulled away.

"The real question is are you alright?" I asked and she looked at me as if she had no clue what I was talking about. I sighed and placed my hands on her shoulders before I began again. "I'm wondering why I got a call from Orga this morning saying he stopped by to check on you last night to find the door kicked down. And also why you had kicked the door in." Her face turned a light shade of red as she looked at the floor.

"I...I thought I saw something in Ryos's room and I panicked." Ashe calmly but quickly explained as her bright eyes looked up to meet me.

"Why were you outside in the middle of the night?"

"I heard the noise again..." She mumbled and looked down at her feet again as she shuffled them around.

"The noise? Ashe.."

"I did what you said and I waited. But I heard it twice so I went to look. When I was going to go inside I saw Ryos' light was on so I ran back but all the doors were locked so I had to get in somehow." She defended herself but I couldn't help the involuntary eye-roll that luckily she didn't see.

"Was there actually someone in there?" I asked and her cheeks darkened again. "Come on." I said and I grabbed her hand to take her home. She nodded and grabbed Ryos out of his seat, ignoring the stares from the other guild mates as we left.
~~~~~~

"Rogue, what are you doing?" She asked as I threw clothes into a bag for her.

"You need to get away, go relax. I called Gajeel on my way home earlier and he said that Levy would love to have you." Ashe sat on the bed and nodded sadly as she looked out the window.

"What's wrong, Ashe?" I asked and she shook her head which caused me to stop what I was doing and stand in front of her. I grabbed her chin and forced her to look away from the window and at me. "I've known you long enough to know when something's wrong. Now, tell me." She took a deep breath and shook her head again.

"You think I'm crazy."

"Ashe, I think you need to get your mind off of things and being in the house isn't good for you."

"Then, do you believe that the noises are real and that someone was in Ryos' room?" She crossed her arms and stared intently at me as she waited for me to answer.

"I believe that you think somethings making noises and thought the light was on."

"Exactly. You think I'm crazy." She said with the most hurt expression I had seen her make.

"Well what am I supposed to say? Never once have I heard the noises and Orga said that his light was off when he walked by. Ashe, I don't think you're crazy, I think you're stressed out and upset over the Lexi thing and it's getting to you."

"You know what, everyone at the guild thinks I'm a lunatic. They laugh and mumble under their breath thinking that I can't hear them. I hate it! Orga stares and Rufus is trying not to ask any questions. I'm not crazy Rogue. If the dog wakes me up because he hears it then I'm not crazy, and I need you to be on my side! In a world where everyone is against me, I need you to be with me." Ashe never took her eyes off mine but she couldn't hold back the tears. I quickly grabbed her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She buried her head in my chest and I rubbed my hands up and down her back.

"I'm with you Ashe. I'm always with you." I mumbled into her hair. She began to shake her head and her grip on my shirt tightened.

"That's all I need." She whispered and loosened her grip once she finally calmed down.

"I know, I'm with you." I reassured her. She pulled away and gave me a small smile as I gently kissed her forehead. "Now, why don't we get ready to head over to Magnolia. Sting and I still have to get that thief and then we have another request to do after that, alright? I'd feel better if you weren't alone." She nodded and stood up to begin packing. As she did that I went to pack Ryos' bag and get Skiadrum's stuff ready to go as well.
------

Ashe's P.O.V.

"You be careful, alright?" I smiled and kissed Rogue as we said our goodbyes. Sting and him were catching a train back to their mission as soon as my train departed.

"You too. If anything happens call me." I nodded and he kissed Ryos' forehead before I boarded. Once we were seated, we waved off and then Ryos and Skiadrum curled up and fell asleep.
------
"Ashe!" I looked up as I heard my name to see Levy running towards me with Gajeel in tow. I smiled and adjusted myself to hold Ryos, our luggage and Ski's leash. Luckily when they reached me Gajeel took Ryos while Levy grabbed the leash.

The walk to the house was peaceful as I watched everyone walk and mingle around the streets. Magnolia really was a beautiful town. Maybe this visit wont be so bad.
--------

Lexi's P.O.V.

"Did you get ahold of them?" I asked Alexandria as I entered her living room. She turned to me and gave off a fake smile before answering.

"I called the guild but they said they weren't in town."

"Where are they?"

She rolled her eyes and sat up in her place on her couch she was currently slouched in and sighed heavily. "Rogue is away for work and Ashe went to stay with someone in Magnolia I believe. Not like it matters." She finished the glass of scotch she held in her hand and did a double take of me. "What is that on your arm?"

Looking down I knew she was talking about the purple Sabertooth stamp I had put on just hours before. "It's my guild mark. Uncle Sting made it for me."

"Wash it off."

"But... I just-"

"I said wash it off. Listen to your mother." She scolded and waved me off, standing up to refill her glass.

"You're not my mother." I muttered to myself as I turned around to head out of the room, but was stopped by a tight grip on my upper arm.

"What was that?" Alexandria asked, the smell of alcohol burning my eyes. Trying to get away I took a deep breath and gave a wide smile.

"I said I was on my way, mother." She smiled, buying my lame excuse and released my arm, patting me on the head and sending me out. Every time I was forced to call her that it hurt me. I felt like I was betraying mommy and daddy. After I had washed off the mark, I went to my room and hid under my covers, holding my stuffed animals tight.

The house is so empty, I feel completely alone in it. Even if that woman is here all day and night, she hides out in her room with a different drink everyday. So I really am alone. The man that she claims to be my father is never around either, but she just says it for work.

"I wanna go home." I cried to myself, hugging the 'Frosch' doll tighter. I cried myself to sleep again that night, just as every other day before.