Chapter Two

"Mommy!" The little brunette ran off the train and jumped into my arms. Picking Lexi off the ground, I spun her around and planted kisses all over her face just to hear her giggle.

"Hey baby girl, happy birthday!" I exclaimed as I tickled her, making her laugh more.

"Where's Daddy and Ry?" She asked once I stopped spinning, her face red from laughing so hard.

"They are going out today with Uncle Sting, Natsu, and Gajeel but they'll be back for cake." She smiled and asked to be put down. She grabbed my hand and we walked back home to put her stuff away. "So how was Ryuu's?"

"Really fun! Stacia let me help make dinner and then she took me to the park. And when Ryuu got home he got me ice cream!" She jumped up and ran out of her room towards the front door.

"Sounds like you had a lot of fun." She nodded and slipped on her shoes as we headed out again for the day.

-------

"Thanks for meeting up with us Yukino." I smiled at the light bluenette as we sat at the park. I decided to let Lexi run around and tire herself out, so I invited Yukino along to keep me company. "How are you and Sting?" I nudged her arm and she rolled her eyes, turning her attention to me.

"Fine I suppose. We haven't had a fight for weeks now." She laughed and shook her head as she looked out at the playground. "I've honestly never been happier." I smiled at her and watched as Lexi ran from the swings to the monkey bars to the sand box and back.

"How does she have that much energy?" Yukino watched, amazed as the small girl ran around the jungle gym.

"It's a mystery." I scratched the back of my head. Looking down at my watch I stood up and called to Lexi, who came running instantly.

"Yukino!" She picked Lexi up and held her on her hip as we headed to the guild hall.

"Happy birthday Lexi." She smiled and tickled the little girl. Lexi was loving the attention an she's going to love her suprise.

"Mommy, why are we at the guild?" Her face scrunched up as she stared at the big doors.

"We forgot to pick something up yesterday so I'm just going to grab it." I smiled and the little girl nodded as we pushed the door open.

"SUPRISE!" Everyone jumped out from their hiding spots and yelled out, making Lexi jump but scream in excitement. She jumped out of Yukino's arms and ran towards Natsu and Sting.

Everyone from Sabertooth and Fairy Tail and a select few from Blue Pegasus and other guilds were here too. Lexi went around hugging everyone, even if she barely remembered them, thanking them and telling them she loved them.

"How do you like it?" Rogue walked over and placed his arm around my hip.

"I looks great. You guys did a wonderful job." I leaned my head on his shoulder and admired the purple and white streamers and balloons hanging all over the place. I looked at Rogue and noticed something was missing. "Honey, where's Ryos?"

He pointed to his right and I turned my head to see him crawling over Gajeel, pulling his hair and poking his piercings. Shaking my head, I smiled and kissed Rogue's cheek before walking off to find Lexi, who was now running around with Rufus' hat.

------

"Time for presents!" Orga yelled and everyone cheered heading to the tables to watch Lexi open them.

"You'd think they were all in grade school." Rogue laughed as Sting, Natsu, and Gray rushed to get the best seats. Rogue and I walked Lexi to the center with all the gifts spread on the floor. Rogue took Ryos from Mira and sat beside us as I was on the floor with Lexi helping her with presents.

"Which on should we open first?" She made a 'Hmm' sound as she looked over the wrapped boxes, grabbing a small square wrapped in blue. She opened it and pulled out green emerald earrings that matched her eyes exactly.

"We hope you like them. I couldn't think of to get." Mira shyly rose her hand and Laxus gave Lexi a nod. She got up and hugged them, placing the jewelry back in the box and setting behind her.

The gifts kept goin and she was happy about all of them. Rufus gave her a hat identical to his, Orga got her a pink, bejeweled microphone, Levy, Lily, and Gajeel bought her a small book set, Natsu, Happy, and Lucy gave her a Plue doll, The thunder Legion chipped in for a thunder shaped necklace, the Blue Pegasus boys gave her a giant teddy bear, Sting, Yukino, and Lector made her a fake stamp with the Sabertooth logo on it, and everyone else varied between stuffed toys, jewelry, and clothes. Needless to say, she's extreme spoiled.

"Wait Lexi, there's one more present." She sat back down and looked at me confused. Rogue smiled and pulled a big box out from behind him wrapped in purple. She removed the bow and noticed the holes on top. when she removed the lid her eyes widened and her mouth dropped as she yelled out,

"It's a puppy!" Lexi pulled the small dog out and hugged him as everyone cheered and awe'd.

"What are you going to name him?" Frosch asked walking over and petting the small, dark grey pup. Dhe placed her hand on her chin and looked at Rogue.

"What was your dads name?"

"Skiadrum. But how is that-" Rogue rubbed his neck as Ryos pulled his wedding band. Lexi smiled and cut him off.

"Then that's his name." She held the small dog up and everyone cheered again. I smiled and stood up with Rogue and Sting as we watched the girl and the puppy play on the floor.

------

After that was settled we had cake and sang to the new 5 year old. The biggest challenge of the night was deciding how to get all her gifts back to our house. Luckily, everyone helped and carried their gifts up down the hill and across town to our house.

Once everything was sat in her room, waiting to be organized on a later day, we said good bye to everyone and got ready for sleep. Frosch was in his shared room with Ryos and Lexi was in her purple room waiting for a story.

Once I finished 'The Princess and The Dragon'.. Again. I tucked her in and turned off her light. "Mommy, where's Skiadrum?" I turned around to the sleepy birthday girl and smiled.

"He's down stairs baby, don't worry." She smiled and closed her eyes as I left the room for mine.

"Ryos is asleep, finally." Rogue sighed and plopped onto the bed, removing his shirt and sighing exaggeratedly. "I don't remember ever hating sleep as much as that kid does." I rolled my eyes and kissed his forehead as I got under the covers.

"He's just at that phase, plus we are still new to this. I'm sure it'll get easier." Rogue nodded and grabbed my waist, pulling me into his chest. He rested his head on top of mine as cuddled into his chest and closed my eyes, drifting into sleep.

"I love you, Ashe." I heard him whisper before I was fully asleep, a smile planted happily on my lips.

Hey guys! I'm am sooooo sorry for not posting in a long time but I didn't really remember where I wanted to go with this, but I came up with a new idea and I'm really excited for it! So thank you for reading and I will be posting more on this sooner!