Chapter Eight

"Get up." I heard as someone swung the door open. I opened my eyes lazily and watched as Alexandria leaned against the doorframe, a glass of alcohol in her hand. Her brown hair was curled and she was in a pencil skirt and blouse with the top two buttons undone.

Following her orders I got up and she pointed to the chair in the corner of the room where a pile of clothes were lying. "Put that on." Was all she said before she slammed the door and left.

Once I was dressed in the boring blue dress, I went to the conjoining bathroom and washed up before going to the dining room where I knew she'd be waiting with my small breakfast.

I ate my bowl of fruit quickly and followed her to the living room where a man was, leaning against the fireplace. Alexandria pushed me down onto a couch and sat in the single armchair next to me as the man turned with a smile playing on his lips.

"Hello Alexandria, Lexi. You're both looking lovely today." I studied the man as he smiled down at me. He had spiked blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. He looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Thank you Cyrus. You're looking quite well yourself." Alexandria blushed and straightened out her skirt. He nodded, looking slightly unamused and turned to look at the frames that lined the mantle. We all stayed silent for quite some time before Alexandria stood to pour herself another glass.

"You shouldn't drink so much in front of your child." Cyrus muttered, a smirk tugging at his lips and Alexandria huffed, swaying her hips as she walked back to her chair.

"Taking care of a child is stressful work Cyrus dear. Sometimes you need a drink just to get to lunch."

"You could just send me back home." I spoke up, which made them both look at me. "Too much alcohol could ruin your liver and cause other medical problems. If you sent me home then you wouldn't have to deal with me and you wouldn't get sick." Cyrus looked surprised as he turned towards me fully.

"You're very knowledgable for your age." He smiled and I sank into my seat.

"My dad is smart. I just listen to him when he's lecturing everyone else. Plus, I enjoy reading."

"Dad?" He looked confused and turned his attention to Alexandria who shrugged. "You mean that man that Alexandria hired for the day?" He asked and I looked even more shocked then he did. After noticing my expression he smiled and stood up straight as he chuckled. "Oh, you mean the man that Ashe married? How strange to consider him your father."

"You know my mom?" I asked shocked and Cyrus just stared at me as he sat the desk in the room. After more silence I realized he wasn't going to answer my question, so I sighed and asked to be excused to the restroom. Once he granted me permission I made my way there and stood at the mirror.

"I need to find out who he is." I thought out loud. "And how does he know mom?" I sighed, not knowing what I'd do and flushed to make it seem like I went before leaving the room. Cyrus and Alexandria stood outside of the room and whispered amongst themselves until they saw me.

Cyrus smiled widely, showing off his pearly whites and extended his hand out which I cautiously grabbed and shook.

"It was nice to meet you Lexi."

"Leaving so soon?" I asked, worried I'd never be able to learn more about him if he were to leave.

"I'll be back. I just have some important business to attend to. A lawyers job is never done." He smiled once and began to walk off before turning around again, giving Alexandria an unpleasant glare. "Button your top dear. It's impolite to be so indecent around children and guests." Alexandria flushed and fixed her top as Cyrus left the house for "work."