• Chapter 38 •

• Luca •

"How did go?" I asked, as soon as I opened the door to Tyler.

A large grin took over his face as he pulled me into a hug, his head resting on top of mine, my face pressed up against his chest. "They were okay with it," he said, and I immediately pulled away not being able to stop the massive smile that overtook my face. I placed my hands on his face before pulling him into a quick kiss. Nobody was home and I could kiss him how much ever I pleased.

"That's great, Ty," I said with a smile. "You have no idea how worried I was and when you didn't call right after. I thought it had all gone wrong," I gently smacked his arm. "You had me so worried,"

His hands lingered over my face before I took his hand in mine and placed his fingers against my cheek. "I'm sorry," he said, still smiling. "I wanted to tell you in person,"

"Eres un idiota," I huffed, playfully.

"Hey! I understood that," he said, pouting slightly causing me to chuckle.

"I made something for you," I whispered, placing a small kiss on his cheek before I started walking away from him.

"Oi! Don't leave me," he called. as he followed closely behind me, I knew he could follow people according to the sound of their footsteps. He taught me a lot of things which I had never bothered to think about. "What did you make?"

"It's a surprise," I said, with a small laugh.

"I smell pasta!" He announced, and I raised my eyebrows slightly in surprise. He had guessed right. "I'll take your silence as a 'Yes Tyler, you are so smart it is pasta.'"

I rolled my eyes before grabbing a plate of pasta and shovelling a spoonful into his mouth. I laughed at his look of pure shock before it melted into a look of pleasure. "Fuck this so so good," he mumbled, through a mouthful of pasta.

"Gross," I hissed, flicking his forehead. "Chew with your mouth closed,"

"Okay mom," he said, continuing to talk with his mouth full. I rolled my eyes, ignoring him.

He was done eating his pasta like a four-year-old kid within literal minutes.

"You're the perfect boyfriend," he said, with a dorky grin while I was cleaning up.

"Shut up, Tyler," I huffed, placing the last dish into its respective place on the shelf. Mami would flip if I moved any of her kitchen utensils from where they belonged. She was a little obsessive about where things were placed in her kitchen. One time, I nearly was killed when I kept a spoon in the wrong drawer. I got a whole lecture on keeping things back where they belong.

"I like teasing you," he said, with a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Keep teasing me and you won't live to see tomorrow," I warned, before pulling him towards the living room and flopping down on the couch.

"Kiss and makeup?" he offered, I smiled softly feeling heat rush up my cheeks before flicking his forehead.

"Go on then," I said, gently placing my hand on his shoulder and slipping them to the back of his neck before entangling my fingers in his hair. He raised an eyebrow in surprise before a small smile played at his lips as he placed his hands on my waist. He pulled me closer before I pressed my lips against his.

I moved my lips slowly against his, this one wasn't desperate or rough, it was softer and made me want to melt into his arms. I felt his teeth graze my bottom lip and I smiled into the kiss now curling my fingers around his hair. "Luca!" I heard someone yell causing me to shove Tyler away from me as I turned to my mother who stood in the doorway a look of pure shock and disgust written over her face.

I immediately got up from the couch walking towards her my heart racing. "Mami, this is not what it looks like," I said, my voice breaking. I felt her hand collide against my cheek the shock soon was replaced by the stinging of my skin.

"Get out of my house," Mami said, her attention now directed at Tyler.

"Mami it's my fault-"

"Get out," mami yelled, and I saw Tyler visibly flinch. I felt tears blur my vision as I looked towards mami, pleadingly.

"Mami, please, it's not his fault,"

"I'll deal with you later, but now I want that faggot out of my house," she hissed, my felt my heart sink. Tyler looked on the verge of tears before he started walking towards us carefully. I wanted to grab his hand or do anything to help him but I stood there frozen in place desperately looking back and forth between mami and Tyler.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, as he walked out the door, his face filled with worry. I knew he didn't want to leave. I didn't want him to leave either.

"I'm sorry, mami-" I tried, tears now rolling down my face.

"Shut up," she hissed before she wrapped her arm around my wrist dragging me towards the living room her nails digging into my skin.

"You're hurting me," I cried, softly as I tried to get out of her grasp.

She threw me to the ground and my face collided with hardwood floor my hands getting burned against it as I tried to protect myself from the fall. I struggled to push myself up before slowly trying to distance myself from her.

"How could you do this to me?" She yelled before she hit me again. She hit me over and over it felt like I was reliving everything that had happened at school. I held my hands up again my face, curling up on myself as she continued to hit me. She wasn't punching me or kicking me as they did but for some reason, this hurt me more.

"Mami, please," I begged, sobs escaping my lips.

"How could you do this to us?" she cried, her hands getting weaker as they came in contact with my body. "After everything I have done for you, this is what you do?" She has stopped hitting me but I didn't dare look up at her. She was crying and it was my fault. I disappointed her just like I thought I would. I would never be anything but a disappointment, a disgrace.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, sobbing.

"You will not see that boy again, do you understand?" She stated and I felt my heart sink. "If I ever find out that you are with that boy again you are not my son. My son is not a faggot,"

I didn't say anything, I couldn't. I hurt her. She was right. After everything she had done for me, I could never be anything but a disappointment for her. I was nothing.

"Do you understand!" She yelled, and I flinched, slowly looking up to her though my vision was clouded with tears.

"I understand," I whimpered, trying to stop myself from crying but it wasn't working. I couldn't stop.

I stayed there on the ground even after she had walked out of the house.

I couldn't hurt her again.

I couldn't see Tyler again.

• • •

:/

I warned y'all-

-Anya