The Boy Who Loved Me - 11.

I held onto his body. Jayden tried to pull me off. I screamed at the ambulance crew to do something. I begged them to let me ride with them. One whispered to Jayden and he looked at me.

"Grace, I'm going to ride with you okay?" I nodded. "I'm just going to call Ryder's mom and Melanie and then we will go." He walked out of the room and I heard him break down telling Ryder's mom. He said he would call Mel and that we're heading to the hospital now.

"Ma'am, we need to put him on the stretcher. The lady at the door is walking behind us. She will walk beside you. Is that okay?" I didn't take my eyes of Ryder. I nodded. The woman took my arm and led me out of the bedroom. Jayden was on the phone to someone who sounded like Drew. He was shouting. My tears were no longer coming. I was still crying though. We made it outside and I pushed the woman off me to be sick in an empty plant pot. My dad was pushing through past the police.

"That's my daughter! Let me see my daughter!" They let him past. "Baby are you okay? Oh god you're covered in blood." I looked down at my blood soaked pyjamas. The back of the ambulance opened and the paramedic was looking at me.

"Uncle Dom. I said I'd ride with her. She doesn't want to leave him."

"Is he okay?" My dad asked Jay. Jayden shook his head. "That's the boy she loves isn't it?" Jayden nodded. "Don't leave her side. I will follow you in my car." My dad kissed my head. "I'll be there right after you baby."

Jayden grabbed my hand and helped me in the ambulance. The sobs had stopped. I held his hand and stroked his face the whole way there. They put him in a room so the family could see him before he was taken away.

When his mom and Mel arrived with Drew I gave them some privacy. I needed some air. My dad was sat with my aunt. Jayden followed me outside. "You shouldn't be alone right now Jelly Bean." He put his arm around me.

"What happend in there?"

"After you left, the doorbell rang. Ryder thought it was you. Hell I thought it was you. I heard footsteps running upstairs. One of Daunte's guys walks in the living room and fires a shot. Everybody ran. Sean tackled him from behind and he dropped the gun. I tried to help Sean hold him down but this asshole had a knife." Jayden lifted up his shirt, he'd been stabbed.

"Are you okay?" I asked with no emotion.

"Flesh wound. We hit the guy and I thought we knocked him out. That's when I ran home. Sean gathered the rest of the people hiding in the kitchen, including Sam and got them out of there. When we were in your room and heard the bang, something inside me knew Daunte had him."

I slapped him. Then punched him. He didn't try to stop me. He pulled me into a hug and let me cry into his chest. "You should have got him out of there... You and Sean... I wish it was you!" I screamed at him. He dragged me back n the hospital and called for a doctor.

My dad came running over and held me as a doctor with a syringe approached me.

I fell asleep.

                                                                                     *****

                                                                               Jayden POV

She wished it was me. Hearing her say it made me wish it was me. She's right. I should have made sure my best friend was safe. She's never going to forgive me. I'm never going to forgive me.  Ryder's mom and Mel came out from his room.

"Where's Gracie?" Mel could barely talk through her sobs. "I want to see her."

"Doc's taken her. She had to be sedated." I pointed her in the direction of her room. "If you are with her when she wakes up, tell her I'm sorry."