While I was checking out the different websites, I felt a tap on my hand as I looked up, seeing Malik holding an extra sandwich that caused me to slid my phone into my back pocket.

"Here you go, sunshine," Malik said, passing the wrapped sandwich to me before taking a seat next to me. "You've been working hard, you good?"

"Thank you," I smiled, kissing his cheek as I unwrapped my sandwich. It was a loaded toasted sandwich with turkey ham, tomatoes, lettuce, pepper jack cheese, pickles, and my favorite condiment, ranch. "But I'm okay, I like working, and I'm getting used to it so it kinda' doesn't bother me, you know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I get it," He nodded his head, taking a bite of his sandwich. "This sandwich is good as hell. I feel like I need to sneak another one,"

I agreed, chewing the sandwich as I found it to be better than subway sandwiches. I didn't feel myself being nervous as I ate in front of him, I loved eating food, and I couldn't be bothered by it since I was taught manners growing up. As I sipped my drink, I wiped my face with a napkin as I found myself wanting to know more facts about him since he intrigued me just as much as I did to him.

"Did you have a happy childhood?" I asked, staring at his long natural eyelashes and his acne-free face as I took notice of his neat hairline showing that he recently got a new hair cut, and I watched him lick over his round lips that caused a blush to appear on my face and to turn my head. "Like... how was it, if you don't mind me asking?"

"I had a decent childhood," He answered, wiping his face with a napkin and hands as he stared at me, and it lingered for a while until I looked away, blushing like an idiot while he smiled, gently grabbing hold of my hand to put in his lap. "I grew up close to my cousins. We went to elementary and high school together. I was always a very active kid growing up, so I stayed playing sports with my cousins in our backyard or playing games,"

I nodded my head, scooting closer to him as he explained his childhood memories. He pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arm around me as I was now laying my head on his chest, and it made me relax as I entwined our fingers.

"We often played games like hide and seek, tag and other games," He added, reminiscing about the things he did way back then. "I'd never forget when we had a pool party for my birthday, and I invited mostly all the neighborhood kids because we were all cool with one another. I had my parents buy pizza, soda, and cupcakes because I wasn't a big fan of cake, and we listened to a bunch of Ludacris, Lil' Wayne, and T.I. that were my favorite artists back then, and we stayed outside all night,"

It made me reminisce on my childhood memories with my old friends and my family. I also grew up having a good relationship with my cousins, but as we grew up. Things changed, and we no longer speak to one another.

"Do you still speak to them?" I wondered, holding our hands together as I examined how big his hands were and how small mine was.

"Yeah, I spoke to them recently, but it's not the same," He admitted, putting his chin on top of my head. "We're all busy with our careers and families. How was your childhood, though?"

"I was close with my family as well," I stated. "I had one cousin that we did everything together, like shopping, gossiping, playing games, and sharing birthday parties. We were like sisters, and we were inseparable like I remember we would often go to the nails salon and get matching colors on our nails, even us calling each other every school night to match our school uniforms, but as you said, we all grew up and focused on our own lives,"

"I noticed that every time you mention your family, you are quick to change the subject," He lifted me from him and locked eyes with me. "Are you and your family still speaking?"