Chapter Four

"Sometimes, all you can do is lie in bed, and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart."

- William C. Hannan

The sun is shimmering it's way through my darkened curtains. 

I coax my eyelids into opening to begin a new day.

I roll over and grab my phone only seeing one name patiently waiting on my phoine screen.

Kaden.

Good morning, my best friend that is a total sweetheart. Bring me cookies?

That cracks a smile that is so realistic, I didn't know if it even exsisted anymore.

I have been stumbling about  trying not to fall apart before I enter my bed, but the last few days I have let myself fall short of that daily goal.

Since I have the dress on from the previous night that holds so much sadness, i strip it off and throw it into the depths of my closet.

Slipping on some sweatpants and a t-shirt, I run down the stairs quickly, ready to escape this house to get my mind occupied.

I grab the chocolate chip cookies off of the counter already in a container.

My bare feet touch the freezing grass as I step outside into the cold, December weather.

Tip-toeing across my backyard, I reach Kaden's apartment.

Slipping inside the back door, I immediately go to his room, setting the cookies on his sleeping body as I climb into his bed, burying my icy feet under the pile of warmth.

Kaden moans that sleepy little moan of his, grabbing the cookies off of his chest.

Popping open the lid.

Grabbing one of the chocolate chip goodness.

Slowly bringing it to his perfectly plump lips.

"Are you planning on kissing or eating it?" I tease him, giving a sly smirk that makes him grin.

Kaden pops it into his mouth, "Or maybe I should just kiss the adorable chef."

I lay beside him, pulling the covers up to my chin.

"Oh, yes darling, then you will fall hopelessly in love with the girl next door."

"Only in that pretty mind of yours, girls have cooties." Kaden twists up his face in playful disgust.

"Well, I'm a lady and I'm in your bed, so what is your theory on that then, Kaden James?"

"You have cooties and you are contaminating my perfectly clean bed with them." Kaden shows off his beautiful smile with one crooked tooth I have admired for five years.

I stay silent, looking into his face.

Short, dirty blonde hair.

Grey eyes that are like a stunning storm that is raging.

Tanned skin.

A smile that is brighter than the brightest star in the sky.

Utter perfection.