Chapter six

We arrive at a little coffee place. He tells me to get whatever I want so I get a mocha. He orders bagels for both of us and orders tea for himself. We go sit out on the grass and chat for awhile while we eat and drink. He's being so thoughtful and I can honestly say I've never been happier. We get up to head somewhere else he won't tell me. After 30 minutes of driving we get to the edge of a forest. He grabs a picnic basket and we get out of the car.
             "Wow, what's this?"
             "Stop being inpatient!" He laughs. "we'll be there soon." We walk down a path through this beautiful forest that seems to go on forever. And we finally come across a small pond lined with mossy rocks. He lays out a blanket next to the pond and sets down the basket.
"How do you feel about swimming?" He says.
"I would love to but I can't get this dress wet." I say confused about why he wanted me to wear something nice if he was planning on us going swimming.
"No problem." He says pulling shorts and two of his shirts from the basket.
"Okay fine" I go behind a giant rock to change. I'm a little upset about the effort I put into my hair but I'll do it for him. When I get back he's already in his shorts and he's shirtless. He runs over and picks me up over his shoulder. I'm screaming as we jump into the still water. It's deeper than I expected but I can't stop laughing. He pulls me close to him and I feel his soft lips against mine. He runs his fingers through my now tangled hair then pulls away.
"Melody, it's only been three days. But there's something I have to tell you, I know I love you more than anything. People will call it soon or not real. The only thing that matters is us. I've never been more happy then when I'm with you. You mean the world to me, and I would die for you. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and I'm telling the truth. Will you be my girlfriend?" He says in a shaky voice.
"Of course. I love you too, so much." I say and he immediately hugs me. We swim for awhile and then we get out. He hands me a towel and I go behind the rock to dry off. I put my dress tights back on, then I try and comb through my hair with my fingers. I just throw my hair up in a bun and walk back. Alex is already dressed and looks perfect.
"Off to the next place." He says and I don't want him to spend anymore money on me.
"Oh, where now?"
"Well it's already 5:00. So we're going out to eat!"
"Please no, you have already spent enough on me"
"I spent $5.00 on you for coffee, it's fine." We walk back to the car and drive for about 20 minutes until we reach a really nice looking restaurant. We get out of the car and into the restaurant.
He made reservations for a seat outside. When I walked in it was so nice, candles lining every table. It went really good but he kept trying to get me expensive food. He has a lot of money saved up and he says he doesn't know what to do with all of it. We get home and I'm stuffed and ready for bed. We walk through the front door and immediately to my bedroom to sleep. He took off his shirt and pulled me close to him. We slept like that the whole night.