Chapter three

I wonder what is happening. A million thoughts quickly flash through my head as I open the widow.
"Alex! What's wrong? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I'm so worried. What could be happening at 4:00 in the morning.
"No it's okay. It's just... I need someone to talk to right now."
"I'm here for you, what's up?"
"Well you no my mom died and I live alone with my dad. What I didn't tell you was he gets in these 'depressed' phases. He's an alcoholic and he came home drunk again. When he's drunk he is a real asshole, you know?" He tries to break through his tears.
"He... Um... Well he beat me. He does all the time." He lifts up his shirt to show the bruises going down his back. I hug him as tight as I can. That's all I can think to do. I've never had anyone come to me will problems, especially not this serious.
"I'm so sorry to complain to you but I had to get away from him. I dont want to try defending myself or calling the cops. Your the only person I know. I don't want you to pity me, I'm not looking for attention. You need to know that."
"Of course not. I'm here for you okay? You can talk to me whenever. I need you to stay strong. You can come over whenever you need to talk."
He looked me directly in my eyes. His eyes are so beautiful. A green color with the smallest amount of blue.
"Thank you so much Melody. This means the world to me, knowing I finally have someone to talk to."
I just hug him until he looks up into my eyes again. This time he doesn't stop himself. He leans in and kisses me. I felt like I finally found what I've wanted my whole life.
He just stares at me, then kisses me again. His tears were all gone and I saw the slightest smile appear on his face. He has these adorable dimples that couldn't stop me from kissing him more.
"Melody, I know I just met you. And this sounds so stupid. I know this is soon but I'm certain that I love you. Melody Walter I love you. Is that okay?" He says without his eyes leaving mine.
"Alex I love you too. I knew there was something special from the moment I saw you."
He just hugs me like his life depends on it. We don't break this hug, we fall asleep in it. We wake up, still hugging. It's Saturday and it's good that my mom isn't home. If she saw me sleeping with some random kid she would kill me. He wakes up as well and kisses me.
"Good morning beautiful." He says in a raspy voice with a smile
"Good morning." I can't help but smile with him.
I get up to brush my teeth and get some cereal for Alex and I. Bring it to him and he says "Thanks dear."
Today and yesterday all seem to be a dream. Who would have thought I would be lying here, in my bed with this amazing boy. I could lie here forever in his arms.