04; Case closed

Elena's pov:

We have many new leads and suspect. Turns out our victim was a slut and was sleeping with A LOT of guys. So a lot of suspects you know.

Oh an Castle, Kate and Javier have a new homicide. There was a double murder and the boss thought Kate should have it. So Kate gave the case to me and Ryan decided to help, Javier is somewhere in-between.

Anyways, I was sitting with Ryan at his desk. I did the typing and he the mouse clicking so he was slightly behind me. When we looked at the bank records of one off the 'sleeping buddies' wife's I noticed something suspicious. "Ryan look." I said while pointing at the screen. "Mrs. Gomez brought a gun about a week ago. The same type that was used for the murder." I look over my shoulder and saw Ryan having a small smile on his face, "Let's take a look at the wife."

I typed 'Rita Gomez' and there was a police record. "Stealing, credit card fraud, Restraining order because of stalking her ex husband and she is about to get another divorce..." I read out loud. "Let's pay her a visit." Ryan said grabbing his coat and handing me mine. We put it on and walk to the elevator. The doors slid open and Kate and Castle walked out. "New suspect?" Kate asked. "Yeppo." I said as we got in. "Good luck." Kate said and winked. I smiled at my sister and the doors closed.

******************

After a long time chatting in the car, Ryan and I arrived at the suspects home. A woman with black hair and dark eyes opened the door, Rita Gomez. ''Rita Gomez?'' I asked. ''Yes?'' She asked us. ''Hi, I'm Detective Elena Beckett and this is Detective Ryan. Would you mind if we came in for a sec?'' I saw hesitation in her eyes, but she opened the door further for us to walk in.

When we walked into the living room Ryan and I both saw there was a sleeping pillow and sheets next to the couch. Ryan and I nod at each other and I went to sit on the couch, while Mrs. Gomez sat across from me. ''Why are you here?'' Rita asked us. ''Oh we just wanted to ask you a few questions about Cathleen Moriana.''

''Ah yes, I heard what happened. Have you found the killer yet?'' She said with a fake look off sympathy on her face. ''No, that's why we are here.''

She looked at us in disbelief, ''What? You guys don't think I did it?'' I ignored the question and moved on, ''Where is your husband, Mrs. Gomez?''

''He hasn't been home in a few days.'' She said with anger and sadness in her eyes. ''Mrs. Gomez, were you aware that your husband was having an affair with Cathleen Moriana.''

Her mood changed to 100% pissed off. I noticed she was about to get pissed, so that's when Ryan decided to open his mouth. ''Mrs. Gomez, would you mind if I used the bathroom?'' He asked.

She calmed down a little and looked at Ryan, ''It's in the hallway, 3rd door on the left.'' Kevin nodded and walked out of the room into the hallway.

Suddenly Mrs. Gomez started to sob and tears rolled down her cheeks. "I know this looks bad, considering my past and the fact that my husband was.." She cut herself off not wanting to finish her own sentance, "but I have changed. I got help. I fell in love again, I love my husband, Detective. And it crushed my heart when I found out he was cheating on me. But I never killed that woman."

For some strange reason I believed the woman. "Okay, but why did you buy a gun about a week ago?"

She looked at me confused. "What gun?" She asked me. I was about to answer when Kevin cut me off from behind me. "Mrs. Gomez, what are these pills for?"

Kevin's pov

I asked Mrs. Gomez where the bathroom was because I wanted to do more research.

As I was looking for more leads Elena was questioning our new suspect. I have to say, she is a really good Detective. A pretty one too.

I walked into the bathroom and noticed some sort off pills. I grabbed the description and noticed they were for Mr. Gomez. I wonder what they are for. I grabbed them and walked over to the living room.

"Mrs. Gomez, what are these pills for?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't mind I looked around a little.

"Those are my husbands. He went to a psychiatrist because off his anger issues.'' Mrs. Gomez said, "Why did you grab those?" She asked.

"Mrs. Gomez, how bad are those issues?" Elena asked. "Very, very bad." She responded. I walked over to the couch, put the pills unto the table and sat next to Elena. "How about when he's jealous?" I asked her. "Oh god, that's even worse." Mrs. Gomez said. Elena and I looked at each other for a moment until we both spoke up, "Thank you for your time."

We stood up quickly and walked towards the door and got out off the house.

***********************

We arrived at the precinct, got out off the car, into the building and than stepped into the elevator. Once we reached the right level we got out and walked over to her desk. She sat on her chair as I stood behind her. She turned on her computer and logged in and looked for Mr. Gomez' cellphone number. Once she got it, she grabbed the phone on the desk and dialed the number. Once he picked up Elena started to trace it. "Hello." We heard Mr. Gomez say. "Hello, I am Kasey Winston. Is this.... Alexander Gomez?" She asked slowly. "Yes, do I know you?"

"No, but I would like to talk to you about-" She was cut off by the husbands voice, "Oh god, your not one off those people who tell you to buy stuff and such."

"Sir-'' Elena was cut off again. "Oh no I don't have time for this, goodbye." He said and hung up, just as the computer had found the phone. He was in a motel. We looked at each other and smiled. Elena turned her computer screen off and both left for the motel.

*****************

We walked up to the door and pulled out our guns. "Alexander Gomez?" Elena yelled while knocking on the door so he could hear us, "This is the NYPD. Open up!" We didn't hear anything. "Mr. Gomez, this is the NYPD!" Elena yelled again. We heard something that sounded like a window opening. Elena nod and me and I kicked the door in. We saw him climbing out off the window onto the roads. "Oh hell no!" I heard Elena mutter and she followed him out off the window. I ran out of the front door onto the streets in the same direction.

As I ran further I heard gun shots and saw Elena hiding behind a dumpster. I shot at Mr. Gomez as a distraction careful not to hit him. As he looked into my direction and raised his gun to shoot at me, Elena tackled him onto the ground with his hands behind his back. "Mr. Gomez, your under arrest for shooting at 2 detectives off the NYPD and possible murder on Cathleen Moriana. You have the right to remain silent.." She started to read him his rights and picked him up after she handcuffed him and dragged him the the car.

********************

Elena's pov

The dirtbag confessed soon and my first case here at the NYPD was solved. It wasn't like the cases I was used to. But it was nice not getting a serial rapist or anything. And it was pretty awesome to work with Ryan. He's really nice. I could see us being good friends in the future. He is also kinda handsome, maybe we will be more in the future.

I sat my desk lost in my own thoughts, until Kate's voice snapped me out off it. "I heard you solved your first case." She said, "Good job, sis." I smiled and nod at Kate, "Thanks Katie."

"I hope Ryan didn't bother you to much." Javi said with a wink. I chuckled and shook my head. "Nah he is pretty nice." I said just as Kevin walked up to us. "Who is nice?" He asked us. "You." I replied casually. "Thanks." He said with a smile. "Hey, we should buy some celebration drinks. My treat." Castle said. Ryan and Javi muttered an agreement while Kate smiled. "Sure." Kate and I chorused.

I turned my computer off and we grabbed our coats and left.