07; The bastard

A/N: Updating this from school while I should be studying for an upcoming test. Sorry if it is short.

*

After I had told Ryan everything he just asked me if I wanted him to stay the night for protection, but I declined.

If this bastard wants to come, let him come.

Ryan had given me another hug and left. To be really honest, I am not sure what my feelings for him are at the moment, but that is not something I should be worrying about.

There are only 3 things I have to worry about,

The safety of the people I care about, Wesley Krumm and how I am going to tell my sister everything I told Ryan.

I sighed as I turned of my alarm and yawned. I was exhaused. I hadn't slept all night, because every time I closed my eyes I would see Wesley's face or the death bodies of Kyle's cousin and Chris.

I got up, did my routine and went to work.

It is time to catch this bastard.

*

I walked up to my desk and logged in. I was the first one of our team here, but I didn't care.

How did I get here?

I took a friggin cab.

I hate not being able to drive.

Soon enough Ryan, Espo and Kyle arrived. "Hey guys, heard anything from Krumm?" I asked them and they all shook their heads. "Did you?" Ryan sounded worried as he asked that, I just sighed and shook my head. Ryan sat down in the chair next to my desk as Kyle and Espo announced they were going to get some coffee. "Hey, are you okay? You look tired." Ryan asked. "Yeah, I am fine. I just haven't slept. Every time I close my eyes I see his victims or his own face." I burried my face in my hands and soon after I felt a hand on my arm. "This will all be over soon." Ryan told me and smiled. "Let's hope so." I said looking up at him.

There was a peaceful silence until someone interrupted it. "Well aren't you 2 being cozy." It was Castle. Thank you, Rick Castle, for ruining this moment. Castle stood next to my sister who just rolled her eyes and slapped his arm. I smirked at that and shared a look with Ryan, who had just taken is hand of my arm. ''Castle, let them be.'' Kate whisper-yelled, but we could still hear her. I just chuckled and looked at my phone. ''Anything new?'' Kate looked worried as she said that. Damn, why is everyone so damn worried.

Yeah, okay, I kinda get it though. I mean a crazy serial killer is after us, but it isn't like I haven't dealed with any of that before.

After what felt like hours of sitting at this desk and looking up stuff I got a little fed up with that. I turned of my computer and grabbed my coat. "I am going for a walk."

"I am coming with you." Castle told me after sharing a look with Kate. He stood up and followed me out, but what I was totally unaware of was Kate picking up the pictures that had just fallen out of my pocket.

*

Kate's POV

I picked up the pictures that were lying on the ground and looked at them. The first one I recognized as Kyle's cousin and the other picture, I didn't recognized, was my own sister with a guy right next to her who's face was crossed out. I stood up completely and looked at Ryan and Espo. "Did you guys know about there photo's?" Espo just looked confused and Ryan looked down, he clearly knew about this. "Ryan who is this guy on the picture?"

He looked up at me and sighed, "I think you should talk to your sister about that. I nod and sat at my desk, studying the photo's and thinking of what to say to my baby sister when she get's back.

*

Elena's POV

The walk with Castle was nice. Yeah of course, in the beginning he asked me questions about the case, but after we had bought more coffee it was all just laughter and giggles. Seriously, this guy is amazing and it is good to have such a friend in times like this.

I really hope my sister and Castle end up together.

Anyways, Castle and I walked up to our desks at the precinct and we both sat down in our chairs. "Ellie?" I heard Kate ask from behind me. I turned to face my sister and she continued talking, "Ellie we need to talk about these." She held up something in her hand and it were the photo's.

Well shit.

I nod, still slightly worried about how she is going to react to the whole story.

We stood up and walked towards, what I like to call, the coffee room.

I could feel the boys' eyes on us, but I didn't care. I had to tell my older sister the truth now.

"Explain." Kate told me. I sighed and told her everything, about Chris, about the kidnapping, I showed her the mark, I just told her everything. I didn't notice the tears until I had stopped talking. Kate had tears in her eyes herself, which is a rare sight, and she hugged me. "Thanks for telling me." She told me softly, "Don't ever keep something from me again." I nod and made a promise that I had a small chance of keeping, "I promise, Kate."