Newt imagine: Part 4

I shuffled around, trying to get to my feet from the bed, but no matter how hard a tried, the pain from my wound wouldn't allow me.

"Don't hurt yourself." Newt demanded, giving me a worried glare, I knew he couldn't stand to see me in pain so I simply sat still and looked at my stomach. Silence. Newt glanced at me several times, before standing up. Was he leaving already? I sure as shank hoped not.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" Newt calmly requested, I carefully shuffled over to the other side of the bed; tensing up at the pain.

"Of course." Newt laid next to me, not speaking a word. I rested my head on his chest, not thinking twice about how he'd react, but he never rejected my actions so I stayed still. "Why do all the bad things happen to me?" I jokingly asked, sharing a vague smile.

"Because you have a shuck-face of a best friend, that's why." He replied, turning a soft smile into a stone cold face of regret. We shared a moment of silence before he began to play with my hair, sending shivers down my neck.

"I'm sorry." He repeated, still concentrating on my hair. I looked up at him with a frown.

"Stop it!"

"Stop what?"

"Apologising, I'm fine now." I didn't look my best in all honestly, but I was determined to get my point across.

"I'm still sorry though, you could've died because of me." He uttered, he was having non of it.

"I sai--" I was cut off by Newt gently putting his hand on my cheek, brushing the hair from my eyes with his fingers. He leaned towards me, unhurriedly pressing his lips against mine with no hesitations. I jumped at his actions before joining in, soon our lips were synchronised in movement, and I soon began to smile during the kiss. This wasn't so much as a shock to me, I already had feelings for Newt, I was just too worried to admit.

Newt eventually moved away, still smiling. "I refuse to apologise for that." He implied, narrowing his eyes as he grinned at me. I smiled back before we found ourselves doing it again.

-------------------
Gosh, that was a long imagine. I apologise it ended similar to the Thomas one, I ran out of ideas. And by the way, thank you all for reading my things, over 100 reads is a huge achievement for me!