Thomas imagine: Part 2

This time last year I was dumped in this strange, isolated land. Although i'd hardly regained any memories, I remembered that day easily.

Throughout that year, I'd bonded with all the members of the Glade, especially Gally. I knew the place like the back of my hand, and most importantly; I'd grown very close with Thomas. I will admit I developed a little crush on him, but what's not to like? He's a trustworthy, relatable boy that never fails to determine me.

Minho was debating with Gally whether I should become a runner. It had been a year and apparently I'd proven myself as a good runner, with a lot of stamina and strength; that's what Minho said, anyway.

"But everyone likes (Y/N)." Gally snapped, turning away from the agitated Minho.

"So what?" Minho began, "that's a good thing. We need someone to appreciate here." Gally glared at Minho before speedily tilting his head, motioning for Minho to follow him away from everyone else surrounding them. He grabbed Minho's shoulder, applying warning pressure to it.

"That's the problem Minho. Loosing someone we all appreciate is like loosing a limb, we need her to keep the Glade together! Plus, it's pretty obvious now that Thomas has feelings for her." Gally's grip on Minho's shoulder grew firmer as he scowled. "Thomas is practically the brains of the camp, we certainly can't loose him, and that's bound to happen if we loose (Y/N)."

Minho gazed to the ground as he nodded, he strongly agreed with Gally. He needed to realise eventually.

"Yeah, I guess," he grumbled, running his fingers through his coal black hair and he exhaled deeply. "But she'll be upset when I tell her that she can't be a runner, she was really determined."

I strode through the door, I only heard 'she was really determined' and I automatically presumed it was about me considering I was the only 'she' in the Glade.

"Determined to do what?" I smiled, playfully punching Gally in the shoulder, we'd become quite good friends since I first got here, Thomas certainly didn't approve of that.

"(Y/N), um.." Gally hesitated, flinching at my presence. Minho stepped forward, facing me, he seemed quite concerned and this worried me slightly.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry but, well.. You can't be a runner, I know you wanted to be." He gave me a reassuring pat on my shoulder and a fake smile, my heart sunk. There was nothing I wanted more than to be a runner, I wanted to be away from the place, even if that's only for a few hours.
Yes I was pretty devastated, but by the looks of it, so was Minho, he wanted me to be a runner more than anything.

"Oh..." I rasped, looking to the ground in despair, I rubbed my nose nervously, I didn't really have anything to say.

"I'm sorry, (Y/nickname)." Gally began.
"We can't loose you, not now." I looked up, I was pretty confused. 'Loose'? Did they really think I was that weak? I must admit, this offended me greatly. They just thought I'd die straight away, didn't they? Was this because I'm a girl? If that was the case, I'd rather just stay in the maze, see how they'd react then.

"'Loose'? You could of just told me I'm weak." I growled, striding away from the two boys. I passed Thomas as I left, he was stood by the door no doubt listening to everything that was going on.

"(Y/N)?" Thomas watched me storm off and could tell I was upset. He knew how much I wanted to be a runner, although I'd only been in the glade for a year, I'd put shuck loads of effort into training, more than most of the people here.

------------------------
This is pretty long, so I'll be writing a third part straight away. It didn't include a lot of Thomas, but the next part will.