Newt imagine (request)

Requested by - @kahlerkid (sorry I can't tag you.)

I'd been in The Glade for a few months now, coincidentally just after my brother, Thomas, who also showed up in this shuckhole. It wasn't that bad, besides the constant flirting from some of the more eager gladers, working my butt off literally all the time, and of course - Thomas constantly being so over-protective. I couldn't go off on my own for over an hour without him asking about me, worrying about me, occasionally nagging others to come look for me. Whenever I brought it up, all I'd get back was "I've seen things you haven't, you don't know what's out there.". Fair enough I hadn't, but I deserved freedom too!
      Another thing was going on too, this involved Newt. I kinda liked him, but it was obvious that he really liked me, I'm not being self centred but it was pretty obvious. The way he followed me around, always offering to help me in any way he could and constantly trying to make sure I was happy. To be quite honest I didn't mind this attention, I was happy to be around Newt and he was happy to be around me, but one person who certainly didn't approve of this was Thomas. I don't even know why, I thought that they were good friends, but since Newt started paying all this attention to me, I couldn't remember the last time Thomas hadn't glared at him as he passed.
       I was currently helping out Newt in the garden, we'd been laughing and talking together for about an hour. I couldn't help but notice Thomas watching Newt like a hawk from a distance, I glared at him but he just wouldn't stop.
        "Uh.. Newt?" I finally asked after a couple of minutes of awkward silence.
         "Yeah?" He replied with that British accent that I really really adored, I don't even know why, I just found it really cute.
        "Have you and Thomas fallen out or something? He keeps glaring at you." Newt turned away from me and looked towards Thomas with a scowl, shaking his head as he looked back at me.
        "I didn't know I'd done anything wrong..?" Newt shrugged, I sighed and turned back to my work.
         "Newt?" I heard Thomas shout from a distance. "Come over here a second, I have something to talk to you about." His voice was angry and slightly scary, I looked up at Newt with big eyes as he sniggered.
          "I think I know what this is about." He smirked, before walking towards the angry Thomas.
           I looked towards the two as they at first spoke quite calmly, that was until Thomas' voice raised slightly as a scowl formed on his face. It was quite amusing to see my brother shouting at Newt even though there was quite a big height difference, another reason why I liked Newt was for his tallness. Their spat continued for another couple of minutes, I happily sat and watched the boys argue, and I knew exactly what it was about. That was when they paused for a minute, I listened in to try and figure what just happened.
       "You like her..?" Thomas calmly yet angrily asked, Newt seemed lost for words as he stood wide eyed with his mouth slightly open.
        "I didn't mean to say that.. It just- came out.." Newt stuttered back, for some reason scared of what Thomas may do. Why was he so scared? Was he also aware of how protective he was? Well.. Then again it was pretty obvious. As I snapped out of my thoughts, I winced as I saw Thomas throw a punch at Newt, he easily dodged it before raising his hands in front of Thomas' face. "No, I'm not gonna fight." Newt snapped, only to once again be greeted by another punch.
       As the two boys fought each other for the worst reason possible, I decided to step in. I ran towards the two and literally threw myself in the middle of them, throwing out both my arms at both sides. "STOP!" I shouted so loudly that I thought I heard my voice echo through the maze walls. And with that, they stopped and stood arms crossed at my sides. "Is there any shucking need to start a fight, Thomas? Really?" I spat as I gave him a stone cold glare.
      "W-well no.. I-"
      "I know you're just trying to protect me, and I appreciate that, but can you not just leave us both to it?" I continued, I wasn't going to stand for his arrogance anymore. "And so what if he likes me? Maybe I like him too. It doesn't give you the right to start attacking him for no reason, you utter slinthead!" I noticed Newt try to hide a shocked smile with his hands as he tried to maintain his angry expression. Thomas made stuttered grunting sounds before giving in and shrugging with a sigh.
        "You're right, I'm sorry," He sighed, his tone ridden with defeat. "But Newt, look after her." And with that, he walked off, wiping his bloody nose with the top of his sleeve.
         "(y/n), do you actually like me?" Newt asked, hope in his voice as he smiled softly.
          "Oh.. Uh.. W-well.. Yeah.. But I wasn't just saying th--" as my words trailed off into random panicked nonsense, I didn't notice Newt getting closer to my face before pressing his lips onto mine calmly yet roughly. My eyes were wide open as my mind tried to process this kiss. I didn't know whether to fangirl or just remain calm. I soon melted into the kiss and enjoyed it, after a few seconds Newt pulled away.
       "We should try to avoid your brother for a while."

------------------------------------------
This went terribly and I'm ever so sorry about that, I hope it's okay!
~ Lily c: