He sees your scars - part 1

Thomas - You and Thomas were sat at a table where you had been eating, everyone had finished their food and left to return to their duties, however you and your boyfriend had been having an enjoyable conversation which you didn't want to abandon. Today, just like any other day, you were wearing a sweater which sleeves covered up your wrists. However you hadn't realised they were slipping down slightly as your chin rested on your hands.

You had noticed Thomas looking down at your wrists multiple times while talking, but was that deep in conversation that you forgot about the scars there. "(y/n), what are they?" Thomas questioned, pointing at your wrists. You looked down in shock.

"Oh, uh- nothing." You mumbled, pulling your sleeves up so they covered your fingers.

"No, I saw something there." He frowned, his chocolate eyes staring seriously at you, telling you to give up lying. Before you had the chance to change the subject, he gently grabbed your arm and pulled down your sleeve, revealing the row of scars down your arm. You stared at the table in shame, too nervous to speak knowing that he may be angry with you.

"Why would you do this to yourself?" He murmured, his expression looking distraught, no doubt because you hadn't told him sooner. He turned his head and ran his hand down your arm until he reached your hand, he entwined his fingers with yours and repeated with the other hand. He gently pulled you to him causing you to rest your head against his chest.

"I'm sorry." You whispered, your voice muffled as your face was buried into his chest. Thomas wrapped his arms around your back and sighed.

"Why are you apologising?" He began, holding you tighter. "You know I'm gonna stay with you no matter what, this won't stop me from loving you." He began to rest his chin on your head, sending shivers down your spine. "You're perfect, (y/n), and I'm gonna try my best to make our time in this shuck-hole worth your while; I promise"

Newt - You and your boyfriend Newt had been having regular arguments for the past week or so, you could tell his depression had been getting worse but didn't want to point it out incase you made the situation even worse. The stress had been getting to you a little too much, you found that self harm was the only thing that could somehow relieve the stress as much. As much as you regretted it, Newt meant the world to you, and this had really shattered your heart.

You were stood beside your hammock, the stress had built up again and you felt like it was the time. You picked up the knife from the bottom of your hammock that was originally there for safety, before raising it towards your thighs, which were exposed from the shorts you wore.

You flinched as you heard the door open behind you, turning around you saw Newt, who was already staring at the knife in your hands. You dropped the weapon on the ground and shot up from your hammock, backing up against the wall. "I-I swear it's not what it looks like.." You stuttered trying to cover up the scars on your thighs. Newt stared at you blankly, before shaking his head and speedily approaching you.

You flinched and closed your eyes, expecting him to do something bad to you, but you were shocked as you felt him pull you into a tight hug. Newt ran his hands through your hair as he rested his head on your shoulder. "You're so bloody stupid," He mumbled with a shaky voice. "But I love you so much."

You sighed as you felt a tear roll down your cheek, followed by multiple other ones. Newt lifted his head and looked at your face, before wiping the tears from your cheeks with his thumb. "Please don't go down the same road I did," he rested his forehead on yours, still looking into your (e/c) eyes. "I promise I'll make things better, I'm so sorry." He rasped, before softly pressing his lips onto yours.

---------------------------------
Oh my goodness, I am so, so sorry about not updating! I've honestly been having such a Maze Runner writers block, so I decided to focus on a couple of other things for a while. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this part, I understand it's a subject that's fairly common these days, so I thought it might be an eventful thing to write about. Expect part 2 soon!

~ Lily c: