Epilogue

It's been 13 years since Seulgi had left the hospital. Luckily she never needed to go back there again, besides the follow-up visits for an echocardiogram and blood tests for four months after the surgery. The heart seemed to have adjusted just fine. She had started to follow her dreams, writing songs and reclassified them under SM Entertainment who reached out to her a couple years back. Although, she can't engage in the idol life properly than all the other idols.The brunette even had her very own studio together with Wendy.

Irene was working as a manager at a trading company. She had started as a seller employee, but had proven to be worth a lot more in a very short time. She got promoted after only working there for one and half year.

Both Seulgi and Irene didn't mention the past very often. They didn't like to be reminded of all the pain and guilt they had to go through until they made it to where they are now. Happy and still in love.

"Jennie! Can you come down stairs? Someone is here to see you honey!" Irene shouted before walking the guest into the living room.

As they sat down on the couch and started talking about rainbows and butterflies, a small pile of black hair peeked through the crack of the door. "Aunt Lily!" the girl exclaimed in excitement as soon as she recognized the guest before moving away from the door and run towards Lily.

The brunette welcomed her with open arms and lifted her up to kiss her little bubbly cheeks. "Happy birthday, angel." Lily put the girl back down to hand her a gift.

Jennie tore the gift wrap off of the package with a big smile plastered on her face and her dark eyes were widened in happiness. Lily knew how much her niece loved drawing, so what better gift would there be than a new sketchbook and drawing equipment? "Thank you, Aunt Lily!" she hugged her aunt briefly before running off to fill the sketchbook with her magical talents.

"You're definitely her favorite aunt." Irene smiled as she watched her daughter get lost in her drawing world.

"I'm her only aunt." Lily raised her eyebrow jokingly.

"You know what I mean." Irene laughed.

"I know, I was only joking." The brunette assured her with a smile. "So, where's Seulgi?"

"At work." Irene responded with a hint of disappointment in her voice. "She was supposed to have a day off for Jennie's birthday, but something came up." She rolled her eyes at the last part of the sentence as if it was hard to understand how this 'something' was important enough to miss their daughter's birthday.

"She'll be here soon." Lily brought her hand to her sister's knee and squeezed it reassuringly. "You know her, she would've ignored it if it wasn't very important. She's a great wife and mother, you know that."

"You're right." Chloe sighed. She turned to the other woman and stared at her for a short amount of time before an adoring smile found its way to her lips.

Lily furrowed her brows in confusion. "Why are you looking at me all creepy?"

The older woman chuckled lightly at her younger sister's reaction. "It's just, I feel so blessed with a supportive sister like you." She explained. "You remind me of Jennie sometimes."

"This little one?" the brunette gestured at her niece. "Or Jennie Kim?"

Irene took a deep breath and exhaled again. "Kim."

"Who's Jennie Kim, mommy?" the little girl who happened to have overheard the conversation looked up from her sketchbook. "She's got a nice name." she smiled cheekily.

The two women turned their heads in surprise. They weren't aware that the small redhead was listening. They hadn't told her the story behind her name yet. Irene and Seulgi thought it would be better to wait until she was old enough to understand, despite her amazing cleverness that showed that she was a lot wiser than the average 8 year old girl.