Chapter 1: Changes*

Start from the beginning

We entered the stunningly modern home. It was furnished with vintage bookcases and modern white and black couches. It was a light and open space with cozy rugs and hardwood floors with a cabana ceiling made of wood.

"Come on, let's show you to your room. Dinner should be ready soon I'm making grilled tuna. I hope you like fish," I nodded with a polite smile. I didn't love fish but any food is better than no food at this point. Ugh I know, I sound like a fat ass but hey, I'm going through a rough time.

We walked up a set of stairs to the second floor of the house. Cassi lead us to a room with a light blue door with my name on it, spelled with expert calligraphy in a cursive font. She opened the door revealing a queen size bed dressed all in blue fabrics. The room was blue and white with a dresser in the corner, a bookcase next to the bed, A desk facing a huge glass window faced the dark ocean with a sliding glass door that led onto a balcony with a comfortable looking blue love seat.

I stepped in and Mitch put my bags down and left the room to get the rest of my bags. "I hope you like it! Well I'll let you settle in, feel free to unpack your things, your bathroom is right through that door. Dinner should be ready in about an hour or so." She clasped her hands and smiled before walking out and closing the door behind her.

I walked over to the vintage looking blue desk, noticing the brand new Windows 8 laptop and a brand new iPhone 6 that sat there with a note that said "A few little gifts. -Dad." I picked up the phone and flopped onto the bed and looked up at the ceiling. This whole place was unreal. This new phone was way better than my old iPhone 4. And my old laptop was busted last year when my mom threw it against the wall when I wouldn't give her money to feed her addictions.

I sat up looking over at the dresser, wondering if I should put my things away and I noticed something sitting on top of it. I stood up walking over to it.

I pulled the two articles of clothing. It was a black and white bikini. I could feel myself fuming as I read the note. "I figured you would need one of these. Cassi got your size from your social worker and went shopping. Hope you like it." -Dad.

I ripped up the note and threw the bikini out of my sight before falling back on the bed once again, covering my face with my hands.

-

I walked down the steps and followed the smell of grilled fish and spices. I walked into an outdoor dining room where a glass dining table sat covered in plates of different types of food. The little covered patio was surrounded by burning tiki torches and the large pool I saw before, sat feet away as well as a hot tub.

Cassi walked in. "Sit," she ordered excitedly. I obeyed and sat in one of the three chairs at the large dining table. Cassi sat down and we waited a few minutes, engaging in small talk as we waited for my father to show.

Within minutes, he showed up in a white dress shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows and a pair of black slacks. He was as handsome as ever, his dark blonde hair brushed and gelled in a fashionable due, and his muscular but lean physique had not seemed to age a day.

He leaned down and kissed Cassi's cheek and rounded the table to me. I stood and he hugged me tightly before leaning back to look at my face.

"You look just like your mother," he said as he stroked my cheek lovingly. I tried to suppress my emotions. It had been a long time since I had seen my father and I could feel myself wanting to resent him for leaving me with her all these years but quickly failing as I looked at the loving glint he held in those sea green eyes.

He stepped away and went to his chair in between Cassi and I. His tan skin made my skin look like white paper as he squeezed my hand. Cassi began to serve us food as my dad asked me a few questions about how my year had been. "I'm sorry to hear about your mother," he apologized. I nodded again feeling the guilt that she would be sitting in jail a long time and I was sitting here in luxury.

We continued to chat before I asked the question that had been in my mind since I arrived here. "When am I starting school?" My father looked up to me. "You're starting on Monday. We thought you should take a day or two to adjust to...this," he gestured around him. I nodded and finished my dinner quietly.

"May I be excused. I'm feeling a bit tired from the long plane ride here." I stood up. "Of course sweetie!" Cassi smiled taking my plate into the kitchen. My father stood "Goodnight sweetheart," he said before kissing my forehead and following Cassi into the kitchen. The kiss felt so foreign to me.

I walked out onto the beach. The moon was full and shining down onto the crystal like sand. I sat down looking out onto the sloshing waves. This was definitely different.

I sat there for a while thinking about what school was going to be like on Monday. A new girl who's only ever gone to public school at a rich kid charter school. This wasn't going to be good for me. All I could do was hope I didn't get lost or make any enemies on the first day. It sucks that it's almost the end of the year.

Guess I'd find soon out.

-

Hello my fabulous readers. I know its been almost forever, I'm terrible. So you have a few choices. I will update one more book this weekend and upcoming week. Leave a comment to let me know which one to update, "Two Tails", "Curves in a Bikini", or "Fluffy the Werewolf Slayer".

~Vamps

P.S- Hope you love the new cover