"Oh please, it's harder to get rid of you then to have you there," I say jokingly

"Hey Tori, how about you sink that needle a little deeper," Tobias says

I roll my eyes and continue to grit my teeth while the needle moves. I feel my eyes beginning to get glossy, and of course, Dean has to say something about it.

"Hm, looks like the Stiffs about to start crying," Dean says

I look up and wait for the water piling up under my eyes to go away. Eventually, it does, and then it's over.

"Ok, there we go. A rose with the number 4 in it" Tori says

I look down and I see a small rose, directly under my collar bone, with a small 4 in it.

"I love it. Thanks, Tori" I say

"No problem kid," Tori says "Your turn smart mouth," She says to Dean

He walks over and sits on the chair and Tori asks him where he wants it.

"On the inside of my arm," Dean says pointing.

"Ok," Tori says, starting to draw the Dauntless Symbol.

Katherine and Jake look at the rose on my collarbone and Katherine says "It looks nice"

"Ya, I think the 4 adds a good touch," I say looking at Tobias

He tousles my hair jokingly and smiles.

"Ok Rose, now we just need to get matching tattoos," Jake says laughing

"Easy there bud," Tobias says, keeping his daze on Dean getting his tattoo. I smile and raise my eyebrows at Jake and he laughs. I look over at Dean and notice his face if kind of red and his eyes are glossy. Then a tear drops down his cheek and he shuts his eyes tightly to keep another from falling.

I smile and say "Looks like I won, smart mouth"

Dean just scoffs and I walk back to where Jake and Katherine are. We wait until Dean is done and then we all walk to the Dining hall together. Tobias goes over to their table with everyone, and we sit where we normally do. I don't get much to eat today since I'm not that hungry.

"So, what are we going to do today?" Jake asks

"I don't know, what should we do?" Emma asks. I notice that she and Liam have been kind of distant lately. I know they're still together, so I don't know what's wrong.

"Oh, guys I got to go. I forgot I was supposed to meet someone today" Liam says getting up.

"Oh ok. I'll see you later?" Emma asks softly

"Yeah, sure," Liam says quickly. He leaves the cafeteria in a rush and I look at Jake. He's just as confused. I look over at Emma and she has her elbow propped on the table, leaning her head against it.

"You ok, Em?" I ask

"Yeah, I'm fine," She says, giving a small smile. She's not fine.

Everyone notices it and goes kind of quiet so Jake says "How about we all just walk around the compound?"

Everyone nods and we all get up and put our trays away. We start by going to the pit and just walking around the corridors trying not to get lost. We eventually make it to the chasm 30 minutes later and stand by the railing. I turn and I see Liam. He's with a couple of guys and a few girls, but he has his arm around a girl's shoulders. He then kisses her on the head and laughs at a joke someone made.

I turn back around and nudge Jake with my elbow lightly. He looks at me, and I point to Liam with my head. He checks behind him and turns back taking in a deep breath. Emma is still facing forward, smiling, and talking to Katherine. I get Jonathan's attention and do the same thing I did with Jake. He turns back wide-eyed and looks down. He gives me a look saying what do we do?.

"Tell Katherine" I mouth

He nudges Katherine and she looks at what's going on. She turns back and mouths Oh my god.

"Do we tell her?" I mouth

Katherine makes a look on her face saying she's not sure. For one, we want to tell Emma so she knows and we're not lying to her, but we also don't want her to get hurt. I guess the first one matters most.

"Emma?" I ask

"Yeah?" She responds smiling. I can't do this she's just too sweet.

"I can't," I say closing my eyes "Katherine will say it"

Katherine gives me a look saying Why would you do that? She then turns to Emma.

"Emma," Katherine says slowly. Emma looks confused now "Look behind us"

Emma turns to look, and her face goes blank. We all turn and see Liam hugging the same girl. I realize I recognize her from school. She's a year older than us and was a Dauntless-Born.

"You know what?" Emma says "I should've known".

"Emma-" I begin to say.

"Don't," Emma says.

I stop and turn back to the railing. I expect her to go and say something but she doesn't. But I know when she does... It won't be good.

Authors Note: Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter! I know, it is kind of cringy, but I know it will get more interesting soon! Make sure to comment, vote and share and keep reading for more! Thank you, love you guys!  ❤❤😁

-Violet