Chapter 14

It takes 20 minutes to reach the entrance of the Dauntless compound, and when I get there I see guards in black standing outside. This time they seem more relaxed and don't carry guns. I start to make my way inside with the rest of the people seeing their families. As I walk in, everything is dark. When I take a few more steps, I look up and see a glass floor above me, letting the light in from the roof above it. And when I walk further I hear rushing water. Everyone seems to be going closer to the sound so I follow. Eventually, we make it to a chasm, and water sprays my feet when I get closer to the railing. Around me I see people greeting their families, hugging and crying, sometimes getting cut off by the chasm. Some people take their families somewhere else since the entire compound is open today. I look around hoping to see Tobias. I wait a while and then spot one of the initiates that chose Dauntless with Tobias. I walk up to him and I notice that he's from Erudite. He has 2 piercings above his eyebrow and looks like he wants to kill everyone. I take my chances anyway.

"Um, excuse me? Do you know where I can find my brother, he was the Abnegation transfer." I say.

"No, I don't," He says rudely "Ask that girl over there," He says pointing "Tell her that you're looking for Four and that Eric sent you"

"Um, ok, thank you?" I say

"Whatever" Hey says walking away. What did he say his name was? Eric? And why did he tell me to ask for a Four?

I walk over to the girl Eric sent me to. She has blonde hair and looks nice enough. Nicer than Eric at least.

"Um excuse me?" I say " Um, Eric over there said to come to you. I'm trying to find my brother"

"Oh ok, " she says " What's his name?"

"Well, Eric said to ask for, Four?" I say

"Wait Four is your brother?" She asks

"Well, that's not his real name, but that's supposedly what Eric told me to say to find him" I reply

"Yeah, Four was a nickname we gave to him since he only has Four fears," She grins. Something about her feels...nice.

"Oh, that's..interesting?" I say uncomfortable. I didn't mean to come off as rude, but I never thought Tobias would only have Four fears. If he really is this "Four".

"Let me take you to him," She says and then begins walking.

"Thank you, oh what's your name, if I can ask," I say following her.

"Marlene, what's yours?" She asks

"Rose," I say

"Oh that's cool"

"Thanks," I say smiling.

It doesn't take long to reach where "Four" is. I just stand outside, I don't feel like going in and having people staring at me. And I'm guessing if my brother has people call him "Four" now, he doesn't want many of then to know which faction he's from either. It's not like I can blame him, I would do the same. I wait in the middle of the stairs and Marlene goes all the way up. After a minute I see a guy wearing a black shirt and jeans start to walk down towards me. Tobias. A smile stretches across our faces, and I run to give him a hug. The biggest hug I have ever given anyone, and this time it doesn't feel uncomfortable.

We pull away and I wipe my face, realizing its wet with tears. 

"I missed you, Rose," Tobias says laughing

I laugh, "ha, ya I missed you too," I say in an obvious tone, gesturing to my teared face

 "Come on" he says. He then takes me to where people are eating. We walk over to the food, and Tobias takes 2 brown triangles on a plate. He hands one to me and says, "This is Dauntless chocolate cake. You have to try it".

I laugh and say "Ok if you say so".

He hands me a fork and I cut into the cake and put it in my mouth. My eyes light up and Tobias laughs.

 "This is the best thing ever" I say with my mouth full. 

"Yeah, I know. You should have seen my face when I first tried it" Tobias says.

"So how's it been going? Four." I ask, cutting into the cake again.

"You heard about that," He says looking down.

"I don't blame you, you know. I would wanna get rid of that last name too" I say

"Really?" Tobias asks.

"Mhm. I don't know, I've always liked the number 13" I joke.

Tobias laughs and says "Thanks". I just nod, and we both finish our cakes. We hang out the entire day together and he shows me around. We go to the training room, the net where people supposedly fall in when they jump off the rooftop, and the Pit. Everything seems so, alive. Like there's a feeling of happiness and courage, and...Freedom. Maybe that or it's just the cake because it has all of those feelings too. Seeing everything makes me realize that Tobias chose the right place, and in a while, I will too. Whichever faction it is.

Authors Note: I hope you guys liked this chapter! I had a lot of fun writing it, and next up you will see 3 years ahead of this date. Like always make sure to comment what you love and hate, vote, and share to someone who would like it! Thank you, love you all!😁♥