Marinette's POV

I lay in my bed, looking out the window at the pouring rain. It was just perfect a few minutes ago, I don't understand how it started to pour so quickly. I just groan and squeeze my pillow, burying myself deeper into my bedsheets.

"Marinette, you can't just lay in bed all day!" Tikki gently reminds me.

I ignore my kwami and pull my bed comforter over my head. My hot breaths quickly suffocate my small cocoon of blankets and pillows. I can't help but feel alone and upset after what Chat Noir said to me. No, this isn't Chat Noir's fault. It's mine. I made the mistake. He probably hates me now.

I find myself crying after thinking about the last thought. I finally moved on from Adrien and fell in love with Chat Noir, and now he can't even bare to be near me.

My eyes widen and my hands grab my throat. I feel thorns twist and stab as I quickly jump out of my bed. Shit. I triggered the Hanahaki disease after thinking about Adrien again.

The thorns and flowers have grown so big that I can barley breathe. I can only get a breath or two of air before the rose petals completely close off my air tube. I burst open into my bathroom, fall to my knees, lean over the toilet, and force myself to cough to make the petals fall out of my mouth. Blood splatters along the toilet bowl.

After a while of choking, the flower petals are gone and I can breathe again. Blood drips down from my mouth and my chin onto the toilet seat. I wipe off the blood  with the back of my hand and flush the toilet, watching the red-tinted toilet water flush down thorns, petals, and leaves.

I sigh and fall back onto my hands. It feels nice to breathe. My lungs fill up with crisp oxygen and I close my eyes from satisfaction.

"Marinette!" Tikki snaps. "When are you going to tell Adrien?"

I cross my arms and look at her with angry eyes. "I told you, I only love Chat Noir! I don't love Adrien anymore!"

I slap my hands over my mouth as soon as I realized what I said. Not but a second later, I lean over the toilet, still on my knees, and cough up even more petals. It's become very clear to me that my body thinks I'm still in love with Adrien, but I'm not. I only love Chat Noir.

The thorns stab and pierce the inside of my throat. They scratch and drag their sharp points along my raw tissue as I hack up leaves into the toilet bowl. They tear long, deep cuts as I grip tightly against the cold, hard toilet.

It feels like someone is taking scissors and slowly dragging them across my insides, watching as my tissue splits in half and blood comes spilling out. My nerves scream from pain as the thorns dig deeper into my throat. The needle-like tips scrape and stab me every time I cough. Not only that, but everyday that goes by, the thorns grow tighter around my heart. I've avoided activities that make your heart pound fast, because every time my heart beats, I feel sharp pain shoot throughout my entire body.

"Marinette, one day the flowers will be so deep you won't be able to cough them out," Tikki gently whispers. "They'll choke you to death."

I repeat the same action as before: sighing from relief, taking slow deep breaths, wiping the blood off my mouth, and flushing the toilet. I close my eyes and rest my face in my hands.

"I don't know what to do, Tikki. I swear, I thought I moved on from-"

"- I know who!" Tikki interrupts, afraid of me choking on petals for the third time in a minute.

I suddenly hear knocking on my bedroom door. I quickly get up, check myself in the mirror, brush away a speck of blood off my cheek, and go to answer my door.