Chapter 9- What Best Friends Are For

Start from the beginning

"Fine, Jesus. I'll figure something out." I shake my head as I walk away, wishing that I never got bit by that stupid alpha. By lunch, the problem had gotten worse. I sat down at a lunch table and instantly Scott, Stiles, and Meredith sit down too, making me roll my eyes. "Look, I'm not really in the mood because I just had to deal with Nik and Damon fighting over what I was going to eat at lunch and had to turn down two decent meals for these half-cooked chicken tenders, so please take your problems elsewhere."

They ignore me and Scott starts freaking out that Jackson is looking at them. "He's talking to me. He knows I can hear him. Somebody talk to me." Stiles stares at him and when Scott yells at him he claims his mind is blank. I roll my eyes again, when I start to hear something. I shake my head, thinking that I must be imagining it, but it gets louder until it clears.

"What else can you do? Can you see better? Are you stronger? More powerful? I knew there was no way you suddenly got that good at lacrosse. Which means you're actually a cheater, aren't you?" I look up, expecting to see Jackson, but he isn't there. I look around and see him in the corner of the cafeteria. I stand up and throw away my tray, only to tune into him again. "I'm going to get her alone and I'm going to get my hands all over that tight little body." I release a low growl and start to make my way closer to him. He's so focused on Scott that he doesn't see me get close. As soon as he says, "I bet she likes to get loud. Maybe she's even a screamer." I don't think twice before punching him across the face.

Then, it's like my anger takes over and one punch turns to three until someone pulls me off. "Calm down, love. You're making a scene."

I look at Jackson and see the fear in his eyes when he meets mine. "Talk about Allison like that again just to be a dick and so help me God, Jackson Whittmore, you won't live to see 17," I snarl before pulling away from Klaus. "I'm fine, I swear. I just got angry," I say before turning and walking away. Once in the hallway I rush to the bathroom and stand in front of the mirror. I hear someone crying in the bathroom and think it might be Erica since I've caught her crying in the bathroom before because people make fun of her for having seizures. "Erica, is that you? Do you need someone to talk to?"

The stall door opens and Allison steps out instead. "Who's Erica?" She asks, wiping away tears.

"Erica Reyes. She has P.E. with us. Never mind. Why are you crying?"

"Well, after you punched Jackson for whatever reason, Scott came up and talked to me and it seemed like he was trying to get back together and I'm just not ready for that. I had to get out of there." She shakes her head to clear it before turning to me. "Anyway, why'd you punch Jackson?"

I sigh. "You're not going to like it. He said some really vulgar things about you to Scott and I heard about it at lunch. Scott's already having problems in classes and he doesn't want to get kicked off lacrosse plus Jackson's bigger than him so."

"Man, I really thought Jackson was starting to become my friend." She looks at me, sad, before giggling. "Well, thanks for defending my honor, I guess."

I laugh with her. "Yeah, well, I'll probably get suspended. Klaus had to pull me off of him. I don't even know what came over me, it was like once I started, I just couldn't stop. I've always had anger issues but it's like now it's worse. Like I've bottled it up for too long."

"I get that, I guess. You know, if there is something that I can do to help, I'd be willing after you defended me and everything."

"You know, I saw how angry you were about not being able to do anything that night at the school. I can train you in self-defense if you'd like. You know, hand to hand combat. You might get a little bruised but it would help me with my anger. I used to spar with Nik but things are weird now."