Prince of Knights Chp57

Start from the beginning

With a sob, Raghad took the two steps, sank to her knees, and wrapped her trembling arms around Faris's neck. Ignorant of the man who sat by the other corner and dropped his gaze with a small smile on his lips.

When her tears kissed his shoulder, a forlorn smile graced Faris's lips, and he placed his hand on her head. He had faced this war for her, and now he came back alive for her. His enemy's daughter. His Raghad.

The woman who dusted the darkness away from his heart; and poured light of her naive soul into his. Knight of knights knew that he loved her and loved the land Raghad walked on. How he wished he had been gentle with her. How, he craved that he could return to the one he felt in his veins with a smile, not a frown. However, to unearth Khaleefa, he had to.

A ruckus inflamed among the wind; some members of the wind felt their hearts burst within their chests. Beaming, some of them turned left and right then giggled at the scarlet cheeks of the other younger members of the wind. At last, the beauty belonged to her beast.

"Why are you weeping, bint-ash-Sheikh?" He whispered in her ear.

Raghad bit her lip at the wound on his back. She pulled back after a short while but held his hand in hers. "It did not kill you."

"What did not kill me?" Faris faced her.

"The serpent."

"What serpent, Raghad?" He frowned.

"It leaped for you, but it did not kill you."

Faris comprehended her rushed words and knew she referred to a dream. "In your dream?"

"Yes. Marwan injured you," her eyes fell on his wounds, then back to him. "But he could not kill you."

Faris closed his eyes and shook his head. A small, almost invisible smile teased his lips. "How can a snake dare kill me when you possess the talent of murdering them ruthlessly." His thumb caressed the back of her hand.

Raghad sighed at the gesture and wiped her tears. "Do not leave me again. Do not come to me wounded again." New tears blurred her vision.

Faris brought his hands up and cupped her face. "I cannot promise you that, Raghad," he kissed her between her eyes. "But know this that I will always come back to you," He kissed her forehead again.

"What if something were to happen to you?"

"Stop thinking so much, woman. I am right here," To emphasize his words; his thumbs brushed her cheek.

"You are right here." Her pale hands touched the wound above his eyebrow. Raghad held the end of her scarf and dusted dry blood from his face.

"Indeed. I am here." Faris gazed at her big brown eyes. His thumb wiped her tears.

Raghad dropped her gaze and shook her head, not knowing what to utter. The feelings she felt for this man were so dangerous she could not dot them down. She had loved before, yes. She cherished her father, cherished Badr, and the rest of her family. However, this man, this knight with inky eyes, held her heart in his hands.

Raghad could almost feel it. She could feel her heart, her soul, wither from his mere sight. No, it was not from anguish, but from the brightness in his eyes which was the ground behind such reaction. And suddenly, she was terrified, terrified that he may abandon her again, perhaps for war or another woman.

"You will abandon me."

Faris's brows knit at her words. "Why must you pronounce such words?"

"Foes are not meant to be together." Her bottom lip trembled.